Isomac Super Giada - Robert Van der Meijden's Review
Posted: April 20, 2005, 8:01am
Isomac Super Giada

Arrow The Isomac Super Giada has 11 Reviews
Arrow The Isomac Super Giada has been rated 7.73 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 4, 2003.
Arrow Isomac Super Giada reviews have been viewed 82,196 times (updated hourly).

Kristin S. 8.30
Robert Van der Meijden 7.33
Gary Cook 6.83
Michael Baryzewski 6.33
Pradeep Sarin 6.33

Where Bought: Tiramisu Aesthetics 10
Bottom Line: Buy great looking cups, put on top of the machine and enjoy the view! With a great espresso in your hand of course!

Great look, fast warm-up time, lot's of steam and huge drip tray.

Nut in grouphead, no water indicator and no handle to lift out water container.

(3 month and 1 year followup at the bottom)

I have been using this great machine for about 6 months now. And every day it makes waking up a lot more inviting.

Walking into the kitchen and turning on this great looking machine knowing that in 5 minutes you'll be drinking an Itaian style espresso is a treat.

The first 5 months I did not have a grinder but even then (after testing different grinds from the shop) the espresso's that come out of this machine where great. Now having a grinder, Isomac Macinino Prof. Inox,  it is like I have a new machine. every espresso, ristretto, cappuccino or caffee latte is just perfect. So I do recommend getting a good grinder with this machine.
The Isomac Macinino Prof. Inox grinder is a nice option similar design, good grind perfromance and respectable price.

I know there may be better espresso machine's at the same price. But most of the machine's I saw are so ugly I would keep them in a cupboard.

The performance, look and feel of the Isomac Super Giada makes this my top choice for a starting espresso maker/lover.

Reason to upgrade would be a break down (hope this never happens) or a new bigger kitchen. But I see myself using this great machine for years to come.

There are not that many things in my house that I enjoy as much as the Super Giada. I still feel like a kid playing with a new toy, even after 6 months.

Future/current owners, enjoy ! ! ! !

Tiramisu, Langestraat 108, 1211 HB, HILVERSUM, The Netherlands. They also sell there own blend of espresso beans which are superb.

More than a year has past. And I thought I needed to change my review for this machine. Up till now I've been positive about the Isomac Super Giada but after using it for the last year and a half I have to change my opinion.

Without a doubt, my Super Giada is the most frequently used appliance in the house. It is still working even though it is used (almost) daily, and is turned on from 9 o'clock  in the morning until 9 o’clock in the evening. Yes, it does require cleaning on a regular basis but that is alright.

The BIG problem is that when I'm not working at home I get cranky, very cranky. There seem to be few places in Holland that serve acceptable coffee. Especially very few companies. But this is common knowledge. What I did not anticipated is that I get homesick, because of this damn machine. I found myself going to restaurants with friends and had to force myself not to end the evening prematurely because the coffee in the restaurant is not up to par. This winter, after working away from home, I turned on the espresso machine before I turned on the heating. This cannot be a good thing.

So in short, my feelings for my Isomac Super Giada have grown beyond a reasonable level. It is just GREAT (and I do not enjoy using caps to emphasize this fact).

WARNING: If you do not live in a country where good coffee is widely available or you do not have a girlfriend/wife/husband/boyfriend/friends/family that enjoy coffee as much as you do, DON'T by this or any other espresso machine. You will become an outcast of society and the only place you can go to feel understood will be Italy.

Posted: April 20, 2005, 8:01am
Craft Roasted Coffee
Some days you make the coffee. Other days the coffee makes you.
bit.ly/craftroasting-ks
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.199169158936)