Isomac Super Giada - Michael Baryzewski's Review
Posted: April 12, 2005, 3:54am
Isomac Super Giada

Arrow The Isomac Super Giada has 11 Reviews
Arrow The Isomac Super Giada has been rated 7.73 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 4, 2003.
Arrow Isomac Super Giada reviews have been viewed 81,744 times (updated hourly).

Kristin S. 8.30
Robert Van der Meijden 7.33
Gary Cook 6.83
Michael Baryzewski 6.33
Pradeep Sarin 6.33

Where Bought: Isomac factory Italy Aesthetics 10
Similar Items Owned: LaPavoni Pro
Bottom Line: In no time (5 min) you drink truly great coffee hardly matched by most italian cafes, and I am there frequently.

Short time of making coffee from cold start - later on that. Teamed with Isomac Macinino Prof Inox grinder this is absolute, shiny steel, beauty on the countertop. Easy to use aftre you now some tricks - later on that. Absolutely great espresso and capuccino quality.

No indication of water level, this strange nut in grouphead, although not harming coffee.  Some machine individuality like boiler activation, tamping coffee, later on all that.

My learning pattern in making espresso started the hard way, from 0 experience, with LaPavoni Pro lever machine, which I purchased after reading your Website. After two weeks, thanks to your Website, I was finally able to pull great shots of espresso as well as capuccino with this machine.

Then came Super Giada as alternative for quick coffee in the morning, so LaPavoni ended up in my summer house used basically for pulling some great espresso shots. Back to Super Giada - your first look by Mark Prince again was very helpful, all his test results were of great value to me, and I simply followed conclusions of Mark Prince.  The most amazing value of Super Giada is that it is able to make high quality espresso within 4 minutes from cold start (switch on) and quality capuccino within 5 minutes from cold start. In the morning this is of basic value to me. As pointed in your other reviews, other espresso machines can take up to 25 minutes to heat up.

Shortly, these are my basic steps in the morning - check water container, switch on Giada, in the meantime warm up cups (under hot tap water), grind and doze fresh Illy beans from my Isomac Macinino Prof Inox grinder (set to 2), tamping - leave 6 mm clearance from top of filter otherwise Giada does not tolerate more pack, when water inside gets hot ( 2 minutes) pull little water to warm up brewing group, after 3-4 minutes from cold start green light goes off, put cups in place and immediately pull espresso, if capuccino is needed than switch on steam  toggle switch, after 30 sec pull some remainig water from steam wand and after 1 minute you can steam milk. Very simple and super fast. After I played awhile with grind settings, my espresso quality (always 25 sec pull) is consistently great, lots of crema, delicious aftertaste for one extra hour. And all these delicious capuccinos with truly microfoamed milk (micro bubbles). Pull only and immdiately when green light goes off, making multiple shots before pulling coffee shoot some water via grouphead to initiate boiler, green light on, it takes 30-40 sec to go off - than pull espresso. Always right after green light goes off. And one more important remark - I use only bottled mineral water, I have found one with low sodium, low minerals, very neutral in taste - no problems with hardness of tap water.

Yes, I consider upgrading to  true HX E-61 machine, perhaps Tea, but my present, everyday ability of drinking great coffee within 4-5 minutes from switching machine on makes this decision much harder.

Bought it directly from Isomac factory in Italy teamd with grinder, so price was great.

FOLLOW UP : One month later I had got the offer hard to resist - HX,  E-61 machine LaScala Butterfly from LaScala/Electra  service in Warsaw/Poland used by them in house for a year. It costed me ca. $600. Mint condition, serviced, warranty etc. I was astonished about simplicity and consistency of this machine so finally had to admit - yes, LaScala with its HX, E-61, polished steel/chrome industrial look and tank like built quality is another world.  So my first love, Super Giada, is for sale now. Sorry Super Giada.

Posted: April 12, 2005, 3:54am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.193264007568)