Isomac Venus - Bob Bobpaule's Review
Posted: July 26, 2004, 4:55pm
Isomac Venus

Arrow The Isomac Venus has 15 Reviews
Arrow The Isomac Venus has been rated 8.63 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since May 13, 2003.
Arrow Isomac Venus reviews have been viewed 128,280 times (updated hourly).

Noah K 10.00
Scott Mc 7.93
Stephen Bozler 7.87
Dave LaFollette 7.66
Dezco Inc 7.00

Where Bought: The Daily Grind Aesthetics 10
Similar Items Owned: Isomac Millennium, Gaggia Evolution
Bottom Line: Poor man's Porsche just like my little VW R32:)

Unbeatable aesthetics. A conversation starter.  Blends perfectly with my steel, glass, and wire Scandinavian style office environment.

Pulls amazingly consistent shots once you properly dial in your grinder.

Solid portafilter.

The double spout spreads the pour wider than my cup can accomodate. Luckily the single spout from Chris Coffee was a good fix.

Got this machine at the office after i almost went hysterical (in men this is twice as spectacular) over the Gaggia Evolution's totally poor performance. See i started with the idea that my work setup should be cheap. It is because of that machine that some people abandon presso, IMHO. Not me, because at home i bake beans in the Sunpentown/StirCrazy roaster then through Mini to the Millennium. Luckily i had my own reference for the Godshot. Can't say enough praise to the gang on coffeegeek, the wonderful people that educated my passion right here. This is how a boy in the cornfields of Ohio gets a perfect cup:)

Anyway coming from the Millennium i knew there had to be better. Also, everyone in my house incl. dog got to respect the Mill. the hard way....1st degree burns mostly. So when my boss heard my moans he said the hell with it, if all it takes to keep you happy get your setup i'll pick up the bill.

So i got the Venus that doesnt burn, and the Rocky Senza Dosatore. I serve cappas for 6 at break, OK most of the time 2-3, then get 2 more through workday. Got it on a TIMEX timer.

The machine has an interesting style. It will start the shot forcibly, then mellow out to a trickle and extraction time is 25 secs. Thick rich brick colored crema, oh madre!

Oh, get the StarBucks Knock Box, the only decent box i could find. It is relatively tall so you cant see the pucks, stylish and doubles up as tamping station. The cups are Tognani art $5 for 4, Oslo glass 6 for $7 both from TJ Max, of course one time deals. Luckily they sat on shelves for weeks cause out here in the cornfields we have other hobbies with coffee courtesy of Folgers.

Kind and friendly guy.

Posted: July 26, 2004, 4:55pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.193896055222)