Isomac Venus - James VL's Review
Posted: November 7, 2010, 5:15pm
Isomac Venus

Arrow The Isomac Venus has 15 Reviews
Arrow The Isomac Venus has been rated 8.63 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since May 13, 2003.
Arrow Isomac Venus reviews have been viewed 126,841 times (updated hourly).

Noah K 10.00
Scott Mc 7.93
Stephen Bozler 7.87
Dave LaFollette 7.66
Dezco Inc 7.00

Where Bought: 1st-line Aesthetics 9
Similar Items Owned: DeLonghi E.S.E Machine
Bottom Line: If you're willing to put in a little time getting the perfect combination of grind and tamp, this machine will give you consistently great shots, and have you drinking a cappuccino in no time.

Great steaming = fast, good micro-foam, no burned milk, just a good experience etc
Water reservoir capacity is superb
Pressure gauge is very helpful
Love the switches and lighting system
Nice, large drip tray
Cup warming tray is a nice feature
Extremely sturdy portafilter
Looks great on the counter
Great espresso!

Steep learning curve
Steaming wand hard to clean
After steaming, water comes out so hot that it can be out of control

I got this machine a week ago. The box was humongous! but I guess I'm glad that it was so well protected. Box in a box, with lots of padding in the second box around it. It is a gorgeous machine. It was hard to get good shots at first, probably because of my low-quality grinder. However, even with an inconsistent grind, I'm now getting consistently yummy shots, with nice rich, tiger-striped crema. I just spent an hour or so getting my grind and tamp down, and now the shots are great! Frothing is a pleasure, as I can get the milk up to 160 degrees in about a half a minute or less. Microfoam is easy as well. The water comes out of the steam tip, and it is a nice touch. However, when the boiler reaches the top of its cycle, the water can come out 'crazily' and can get out of control.
The portafilter (as well as the rest of the machine) is sturdily built. It is a pleasure to use, and I highly recommend it.

I bought the machine from 1st-line equipment, and it was great. They have a nice buyer guarantee system, and they sent all the correct emails and such.

Posted: November 7, 2010, 5:15pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.199749946594)