Jura-Capresso F Series - Mark Thomas's Review
Posted: September 18, 2006, 11:37am
Jura-Capresso F Series Super Autos

Arrow The Jura-Capresso F Series has 12 Reviews
Arrow The Jura-Capresso F Series has been rated 7.87 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since May 13, 2003.
Arrow Jura-Capresso F Series reviews have been viewed 79,950 times (updated hourly).

Mark Thomas 9.00
Duncan Morris 9.00
Tom Mudd 6.80
Nathan Gifford 6.28
Scott Colombo 5.50

Product Reviewed: F9
Manufacturer: Jura Quality: 7
Where Bought: JL Hufford Aesthetics 9
Bottom Line: Good for coffee drinkers. Inability to foam milk cripples this machine for cap drinkers.

Good coffee. Stunning looks. Reliable.  Intuitive. Programmable and variable.

Can't foam milk. Period.  Smallish water reservoir.  Could product hotter coffee.

This is a stunning machine. I'm one for putting up with some functionality deficiencies to live with aesthetics.  But this pushed the limit.  While this brews a nice cup of coffee, the inability of this machine to produce any kind of foamy milk is terribly disappointing. I've read reviews on this site that claim that all of the superautomatics produce lousy frothed milk, and if that's the case, they one can't blame the Jura for being any different, but even my wife's first Krups home machine is did a much better job than this. It's very disappointing to spend over $1K and have end up with a watery cappuccino.   Iím using alternative methods for milk frothing at this point, which keeps this solution limping along for me.  Otherwise, the coffee is good and will satisfy most coffee drinkers in terms of being a smooth cup of crema coffee.

I'm returning the unit and am searching for a recommendation for another unit.  This will be my wife's machine and she's a coffee drinker with steamed foamy milk, so that's the low down on what we need.  I have an older la pavoni europiccola for my slow drip espresso shots...

Thanks!

Wonderful retailer.  www.jlhufford.com

Posted: September 18, 2006, 11:37am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.192745923996)