Jura-Capresso F Series - Rande Shaffer's Review
Posted: October 12, 2007, 8:59pm
Jura-Capresso F Series Super Autos
Arrow Amazon

Arrow The Jura-Capresso F Series has 12 Reviews
Arrow The Jura-Capresso F Series has been rated 7.87 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since May 13, 2003.
Arrow Jura-Capresso F Series reviews have been viewed 79,920 times (updated hourly).

Mark Thomas 9.00

Product Reviewed: F7
Manufacturer: Jura Quality: 5
Where Bought: Whole Latte Love Aesthetics 8
Similar Items Owned: Saeco Magic Comfort +
Bottom Line: Am quite disappointed with the results this machine produces, but Whole Latte Love was terrific and allowed me to return the unit for another model and brand.

Attractive, easy to use, easy to clean, bypass doser allows two scoops per shot, Clearyl water filter, fast start up, easy to adjust size of shot, steam ready in 20 seconds, chrome metal spouts (espresso hotter in the cup than with plastic spouts).

Grinder adjustment has no effect on flow of coffee (a 2 oz. shot is in your cup in 10 seconds, coarse or fine grind), on start up you must manually press "Rinse" button, but on shut down it rinses automatically, the frother is a little too close to the body and works inconsistently. Frothing in the cup can result in burned fingers.

The F7 makes an OK cup of espresso.  Grinding your own beans to a fine grind will produce a great shot, but the built in grinder on the F7 just doesn't grind fine enough and the shots are consistently weak, particularly if you add milk. The frother attachment takes a lot of practice but still does just an ok job of frothing milk and it is inconvenient to have to pull down on the sleeve of the frother in order to have it make froth which is quite hot and if you pull too hard you will have a mess. When frothing in a cup, the milk tends to splash out due to the force with which the steam is ejected from the tip resulting in hot milk on your fingers. I suggest you stay with frothing in a pitcher. The video that Capresso has showing the operation of the machine illustrates frothing in a cup, but the action of the milk in the video does not match the rather violent action that actually occurs.

Whole Latte Love suggested I purchase a refurb as they carry the same warranty as the new machines (1 year) and I was told that the machine would look just like a new one. I was not disappointed, my F7 didn't have a scratch on it. What they didn't tell me is that they cannot help me at all with the operation of the machine and that I could only call Capresso directly if I had a problem. They also didn't tell me that other machines they sell, they are able to help with troubleshooting and that there are user adjustments on models from Gaggia and Saeco that greatly help with adjusting the brew to your liking but not with the Capresso. Whole Latte Love was very accommodating and took back the F7 and worked with me to find the right machine for my needs. I will report back on my findings.

Posted: October 12, 2007, 8:59pm
The Coffee Project
Home coffee Roasting equipment, green beans, and supplies
www.coffeeproject.com
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.186771154404)