KitchenAid ProLine - Walter Timpone's Review
Posted: January 30, 2005, 8:42am
KitchenAid ProLine Espresso

Arrow The KitchenAid ProLine has 17 Reviews
Arrow The KitchenAid ProLine has been rated 7.22 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 8, 2003.
Arrow KitchenAid ProLine reviews have been viewed 127,106 times (updated hourly).

Russell B 10.00
Mike Martin 8.00
Glenn Little 7.75
Greg Hancock 7.42
Mike Garner 7.25

Manufacturer: KitchenAid Quality: 8
Where Bought: Williams Sonoma Aesthetics 9
Bottom Line: Foreign machines beware.  These guys deconstructed well and are able competitiors.

Makes a great espresso.  Two boilers permit steaming and coffee making without waiting.  Nice design and great, great customer serivce.

Cheesy plastic  tamper.  Buy a metal one.

I have no quibble with the product except for the tamper.  I have been drinking more that my share since purchase.  The machine came with a very detailed instruction booklet and concomitant DVD.   The  machine is sturdy and retro looking.  It came in a basic steel gray  but now comes in colors.  The plastic  water resevior is on the lower  back of the machine and slides to the right or left for refilling.  This allows some discretion in counter placing.  There is a steaming attachment that can be removed (for cleaning or for purists).  The warming tray ontop of the machine is set at a good temperature.  I really like the double boilers, allowing for steaming and espresso making simultaneously.  Temperature is excellent for making a good espresso.   I would buy this machine again.

Extraordinary .  When the steaming valve began leaking steam, they let me keep my machine until the replacement machine arrived (no repair- a new machine).   Turnaround time was less than a week.

Had trouble with the steamer.  company quickly replaced it.

One year on and i am still delighted with the product.  About three months in the steamer value began to leak.  I called the company and they shipped me a new one.  I got to hold on to the old one until the replacement arrived.  Since then, nothing but great espresso and cappuchino.  I hardly ever brew drip coffee anymore having converted my grinders to regular and decaf filled with La Semuse beans.  One of the few reliable things in life right now.

Posted: January 30, 2005, 8:42am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.188266992569)