Krups Novo Series - Paul Newman's Review
Posted: June 1, 2006, 8:25pm
Krups Novo Series - Old Models

Arrow The Krups Novo Series has 49 Reviews
Arrow The Krups Novo Series has been rated 6.00 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Krups Novo Series reviews have been viewed 257,733 times (updated hourly).

Bob Kim 8.67
Paul Newman 8.33
Mike Foster 8.00
Mark Edwards 8.00
Derek Hobbis 7.66

Product Reviewed: Novo 964
Manufacturer: Krups Quality: 7
Where Bought: Williams-Sonoma Aesthetics 7
Bottom Line: If available as new (not used on eBay), I may buy again.

Real workhorse!  Have had/used for > 12 years.  Heats quickly, can pull decent shots with a fine grind and good tamping.

No replacement parts available any longer except the filters and filter holder.

I have used the Krups Novo 964 for 12.5 years and am very impressed with the unit's durability and ease of use.  I pull up to 7 shots on any given day; after 12 years, I pull more decent shots than not, but still consider myself a beginner.

The unit is solid and heavy, unlike the newer Krups models which feel light/plastic.  As these are no longer available new (nor can you even find mention of them on Krups' website), I am unsure as to what I'd buy if/when this unit goes to espresso heaven (ok, maybe purgatory as it is a Krups...).

Was given as a gift in December 1993.

Posted: June 1, 2006, 8:25pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.191079139709)