Krups Steam Espresso Machines - Yu-Jia Chen's Review
Posted: May 1, 2002, 8:21pm
Krups Steam Espresso Machines - All Modles
Arrow Amazon

Arrow The Krups Steam Espresso Machines has 15 Reviews
Arrow The Krups Steam Espresso Machines has been rated 4.99 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Krups Steam Espresso Machines reviews have been viewed 89,773 times (updated hourly).

Ross Devitt 10.00

Manufacturer: Krups Quality: 7
Where Bought: n/a Aesthetics 5
Writer's Expertise: Intermediate Would Buy Again: Yes
Similar Items Owned: only one steam machine
Bottom Line: Good for Frothing the Milk... but not a espresso maker...

Strong Steam and quick heat-up! I bought it for frothing the milk acutally.It provides you the POWERFUL dry steam which is good for frothing the milk!

I don't think it can brew the espresso, but anyway, I don't want it to brew espresso either! Perfect Froth is useless!

It can be a good product or a bad one, depense on how you use it. I use my La Pavoni (lever)or Seaco Classico to make espresso. And I use this steam machine to froth the milk, so I don't need to switch my Pavoni or Classico to the frothing mode, which heat up the boiler to even higher tamperature.

Share my process on making multi-cup of capuccino or latte:

1. Use this machine ( without perfect froth attachment) to froth the milk( 1 min); meanwhile grind the beans(30 sec)
  2. put the steam milk aside, release the water from Pavoni/ Classico to stablize the temperature, besides, use the released water to warm up the cup and handle(10 sec, dosing coffee at the same time); does the coffee and tamp it ( in 30 sec).
  3. Luck up the handle start brewing ( 25~30 sec)
  4. Again, to one; Froth the milk, but after forth the milk, release the Pavoni/ Seaco's handle from the group, and clean up the basket for the next cup.

The benifit of this process is, when you make multi-cup, then you don't need to wait to heat up the machine( for steaming milk), and cool down the boiler ( ofr espresso). Besides, other good thing important for me is, I don't need to spend 1 or 2 mins just on waiting to release the handle from Pavoni/ Classico ( if you release right away, the coffee puck will "explode", or some people called it "sneeze," and you'll need to spend about 10 mins to cleans up the machine group!! Pain in the a$$!). You can use this time to froth the milk. ( If you have Seaco or Pavoni lever machine you might understand what I am talking about)

This is a good investment. If you have a household espresso machine but still have the problem on making the multi-cup capuccino, this is a sloution!
Enjoy!

ok... when to shop and buy it. but forgot where I did.

Posted: May 1, 2002, 8:21pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.186388969421)