Krups Gusto - Chris Greene's Review
Posted: December 18, 2001, 10:52am
Krups Gusto

Arrow The Krups Gusto has 15 Reviews
Arrow The Krups Gusto has been rated 7.41 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since May 3, 2005.
Arrow Krups Gusto reviews have been viewed 79,632 times (updated hourly).

George Wachsmuth 6.80
Don Scott 6.33
Carlo Macias 6.33
Ernest Daigle 5.50
Steven Stewart-Sturges 5.00

Manufacturer: Krups Quality: 8
Where Bought: -- Aesthetics 8
Bottom Line: Can‘t get a better machine for the money!

It really works! You MUST read the instructions to work it correctly but if you do, you‘ll get very good espresso and very good frothed milk.

I returned the first unit because it squealed while brewing. It worked fine but Krups suggested I exchange it. So far, the new one does not squeal under pressure.

Once you get the grind right and the tamp correct, you can make very good shots with a correct, marbelized crema. I‘ve almost given up regular coffee since getting this machine.

The frother works very well but you have to clear it before using (read the manual) or you will get watered down milk. My previous unit was poor at best. I wanted a machine that was a step up from my old Krups cheapie. The Gusto is a perfect blend of form, function, and PRICE ($100 or less).

Posted: December 18, 2001, 10:52am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.196043968201)