Krups Orchestro - Chris Davies's Review
Posted: May 28, 2003, 3:20pm
Krups Orchestro

Arrow The Krups Orchestro has 6 Reviews
Arrow The Krups Orchestro has been rated 6.27 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since May 13, 2003.
Arrow Krups Orchestro reviews have been viewed 40,385 times (updated hourly).

Allan Smith 8.00

Previous Review
Manufacturer: Krups Quality: 7
Where Bought: Was a gift Aesthetics 7
Writer's Expertise: Beginner Would Buy Again: Yes
Bottom Line: Straightforward, easy to use and decent, reliable results.  Comes recommended

Incredibly easy to use, with no-brainer buttons for each function.  Makes good quality, consistent coffee every time.

Coffee "as is" tends to be a little cooler than I like it (but that's just me being lazy and not pre-warming the cup).

The Orchestro is probably as 'no-nonsense' as automatic machines get, which is just what I wanted.  The manual was easy to follow, with plenty of diagrams showing what each light is trying to tell you, and setting it all up only took about half an hour (and I'm a relative beginner, remember).  In practice, it's happy staying on all the time (or you can set it to turn off after a preset number of hours of non-use), and takes about 30 seconds from button-press to having a full cup of coffee.  Results, taste-wise, are better than the espresso I've had in Starbucks or any of the other big chains, with a deliciously thick and swirly crema.  Generally, the Orchestro sounds like it's built basically the same as the Jura Capresso F9, although without the clever touch-screen controls; I think for me this is a plus rather than a negative, as my family like to use the machine and aren't too stressed out with the simple button-count on offer.  All in all, a sensible, straightforward and reliable choice - and one I'm still pleased with two years down the line.

Well, it was a present so I'm not sure how easy it was to get hold of, or what the retailer was like, but it arrived double-boxed and well cradled in polystyrene.   Has travelled a fair bit in that same packaging, and never come to any harm.

Previous Review
Posted: May 28, 2003, 3:20pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.184967041016)