Krups Orchestro - Jim Brain's Review
Posted: April 1, 2004, 8:26pm
Krups Orchestro

Arrow The Krups Orchestro has 6 Reviews
Arrow The Krups Orchestro has been rated 6.27 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since May 13, 2003.
Arrow Krups Orchestro reviews have been viewed 39,193 times (updated hourly).

Allan Smith 8.00
Thomas Barnes 7.00
Chris Davies 6.00
Andreas Zimmerling 5.50
Steve Dell 4.00

Manufacturer: Jura Quality: 9
Where Bought: online Aesthetics 8
Bottom Line: In retrospect, the Orchestro is definately a luxury item, but I have no regrets and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Easy to select the right cup size and strength - my wife and I use it for coffee only (not espresso fans) and we each have a favorite setting.  Just turn the fullness dial and select one of three strength buttons and your off to a great start in the morning!

Cleaning the machine takes a while (longer than the instructions say) and the machine doesn't always do what the manual says its supposed to (" the green light will flash" kinda thing).  I suppose its an evil necessity of having a high-end coffee machine.

We first saw this machine and ones like it in Sweden.  There's one in almost every storefront!  Coffee and espresso machines are standard in parts of Europe.  When we got back I had a hard time finding one and I spent a whole weekend searching.  I finally found it on the internet for a very good price, about $300 less than the retail sticker price.  It took some justifying on my part to spend so much money, but it was one of those "what the hell" moments.  I've never looked back.

Working the machine is a breeze - I like the large bean hopper that holds about a week's supply for us (you can load it more often of course if you like fresher beans) and the water holder is pretty big also.  Some of the other machines are hardly worth it if you have to refill them all of the time.  I agree with most of the reviews that the brew is not hot enough - we preheat the cups in the microwave with water before the first cup.  You also have to send it in to Krups for service after 5,000 cups.  So far, we love it and have had no problems.

I bought it online and received it in about 3 days.  I can't remember who it was, but they were linked to Yahoo.  Homestore or something like that.  They said they were overstocked and they were trying to get rid of a few, maybe it was good timing on my part?

Posted: April 1, 2004, 8:26pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.186566829681)