Krups XP4000 Series - Larry M's Review
Posted: September 23, 2006, 2:41pm
Krups XP4000 Series Espresso Machines
Arrow Amazon

Arrow The Krups XP4000 Series has 29 Reviews
Arrow The Krups XP4000 Series has been rated 5.46 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 19, 2005.
Arrow Krups XP4000 Series reviews have been viewed 178,281 times (updated hourly).

Myq Larson 8.00

Product Reviewed: xp4050
Manufacturer: Krups Quality: 9
Where Bought: Amazon Aesthetics 9
Similar Items Owned: none
Bottom Line: What I thought might be an extravagance is now an everyday part of my life. How did I ever live without an expresso maker?

Compact, attractive, easy-to-use, makes excellent espresso and superb lattes quite easily -- better tasting than Starbucks, at any rate. Heats up quickly, easy to clean, and reliable. The auto-cappuccino device steams and foams the milk hands free. Very easy to program (but I've been content with the default).

My cat loves the foam.

The steaming hose pops out easily; the steaming attachment leaves the milk and foam lukewarm.

Before buying a machine, I asked in this forum what I need to get something better than Starbucks. The answers tended to cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars. Then, my b-in-law, who bought an espresso machine at a garage sale for $5, told me that his machine makes pretty good espressos. So, I decided to try a mid-price-range machine, and get the beans ground (at 3.5) at Starbucks or Petes, which are close by. The results: The latte is richer, more flavorful, and the foam superior to Starbucks. The espresso is just about as good as Starbucks'. I have had this machine for 3 months, use it to make double espressos twice a day, and it works great.

As far as the lukewarm latte, I steam the milk into a pot and warm it on the stove while I'm making the espresso, so I end up with hot lattes.

I bought from Amazon, and they did not disappoint.

Still working fine.

Still using it to make between 2 and 4 lattes/day. I love it. My only complaint is that it doesn't heat the milk enough, but I simply warm the foamed milk while I'm making the espresso, and I think I end up with results that are quite respectable. I'd strongly recommend this machine for anyone but a true espresso connoisseur or snob.

Posted: September 23, 2006, 2:41pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.197639942169)