Krups XP4000 Series - Joe Von Kaenel's Review
Posted: September 14, 2005, 7:39am
Krups XP4000 Series Espresso Machines

Arrow The Krups XP4000 Series has 29 Reviews
Arrow The Krups XP4000 Series has been rated 5.46 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 19, 2005.
Arrow Krups XP4000 Series reviews have been viewed 174,977 times (updated hourly).

Myq Larson 8.00

Product Reviewed: XP 4000
Manufacturer: Krups Quality: 2
Where Bought: Bed Bath & Beyond Aesthetics 4
Writer's Expertise: I live coffee Would Buy Again: No
Bottom Line: Steer clear of these machines, they break after a few months.

Very Reasonably priced
Easy to setup and use
Makes great espresso and Froths milk very well

Instructions limited, I had to find frothing techniques online at other sites

Purchased this machine to replace and aging Krups steam unit. It is a dream to use, with the steam unit I had to stay near the machine because you only had a few seconds to froth the milk before the steam pressure ran out. With this unit you can select the keep it warm setting and re-froth the milk if needed. Since the XP 4000 has a dial you can also make several cups of espresso by simply repacking the filter unit and running the pump again. It is not much bigger than the steam unit, produces good crema. I can recommend this machine without hesitation. The old Krups machine is now at my office and is 12 years old and still works. There are a lot of fancier machines to choose from, however, they are much more pricey.

I purchased at Bed Bath and Beyond locally, they had only 2 machines to choose from. The price was fair, the sales staff was helpful.

Unfortunately, the machine already broke, was sent back for repairs. Krups did send me a newer XP 4050 machine to replace the XP 4000. Both machines make good espresso and cappuccino. The breakdown makes me question the quality of the Krups line. I have since replaced the machine with a Gaggia Classic and use the XP 4050 at work.

One month after Krups sent me the replacement XP 4050 it quit working. These are very subpar machines. There are much better ones available like the lower priced Gaggias. I would not recommend a Krups

Previous Review
Posted: September 14, 2005, 7:39am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.197023868561)