Krups XP2000 Series Machines - Jeannie Jacobs's Review
Posted: May 7, 2008, 12:41am
Krups XP2000 Series Combi Espresso Auto Drip

Arrow The Krups XP2000 Series Machines has 6 Reviews
Arrow The Krups XP2000 Series Machines has been rated 4.83 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 29, 2007.
Arrow Krups XP2000 Series Machines reviews have been viewed 35,844 times (updated hourly).

Jeannie Jacobs 10.00

Manufacturer: Krups (China Origin) Quality: 3
Where Bought: Linens & Things Aesthetics 9
Owned for: 2 weeks Overall 3
Similar Items Owned: Krups XP4030
Bottom Line: Makes great tasting espresso...for about two weeks.

Makes great tasting espresso.

The pump stopped working within the first two weeks of use.

I purchased the Krups XP2010 at Linens & Things for only $50 (demo model).  The unit was missing the coffee carafe so I only used the machine for making espresso.  I use Nordstrom's espresso, Debut, professionally ground for espresso machines.  I found the Krups machine made a great tasting espresso, but after less than two weeks of use the pump stopped working and I could no longer make any espresso.  I thought that the problem might have been due to the fact that this was a demo model that may have been abused, so I purchased the Krups XP4030 and had a similar experience with the pump failing shortly after purchase.  I don't think the problems I experienced with these Krups machines was my fault because I followed the instructions.  These machines made great tasting espresso but the pump system seems fatally flawed.  My recommendation is that you not purchase any of Krup's pump espresso machines until they correct this problem.

Linens & Things did not give me any hassle when I returned the machine two weeks after purchasing it.

Posted: May 7, 2008, 12:41am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.180040836334)