La Pavoni Club Combo - Paul Wood's Review
Posted: November 20, 2002, 5:02pm
La Pavoni Club Combo Duet

Arrow The La Pavoni Club Combo has 9 Reviews
Arrow The La Pavoni Club Combo has been rated 8.36 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow La Pavoni Club Combo reviews have been viewed 50,859 times (updated hourly).

Donald Bridges 8.00
Kris 7.50
Adrian B. 7.33
David Wenzel 5.75
Wade Fillingame 5.40

Manufacturer: Pavoni Quality: 9
Where Bought: Ebay Aesthetics 7
Bottom Line: Great machine and a great deal if you buy it reconditioned or used

Great espresso without a lot of hassle. I roast my own beans and I've yet to find an espresso at a cafe, or on a friend's machine (including the Slyvia) that tastes better.

Just a tad messy, but not too bad.

This machine pulls a great espresso shot! It's easly to use, very forgiving either with or without the crema disc. I know the disc is frowned upon, but I get richer crema with it and my shots taste better, so sue me :o) I bought my machine on Ebay about two years ago for about $150. After about a year I had to replace the gasket around the portafilter, but this was no problem. I have friends with a Rancillio Sylvia who use and roast the same beans as I do, and my shots blow them away. They have a Solis Maestro grinder which, if anything, is as good or better than the one on my Club Combo. The drip tray is kind of a pain and gets a little messy, but it's not really a problem. Overall, I love this machine and highly recommend it.

Bought on Ebay through Final Call Auction for about $150. Good seller.

Posted: November 20, 2002, 5:02pm
Don't suffer bad espresso
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.178921937943)