La Pavoni Europiccola - Marc Tischler's Review
Posted: June 26, 2008, 9:51am
La Pavoni Europiccola

Arrow The La Pavoni Europiccola has 57 Reviews
Arrow The La Pavoni Europiccola has been rated 7.98 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow La Pavoni Europiccola reviews have been viewed 329,668 times (updated hourly).

Theron Georges 9.67
Antonio Salles 9.50
Gino Magnotta 9.45
Gail McNeill 8.50
Marc Tischler 8.50

Manufacturer: Pavoni Quality: 10
Where Bought: CG Forum Aesthetics 10
Similar Items Owned: Breville
Bottom Line: Fantastic espresso from a beautiful, quirky machine that makes you learn on the fly.

This is a gorgeous machine.  My children call it my Willy Wonka machine.  It is solid, well-built and makes me smile when I walk into the kitchen.  The learning curve is steep but once you work it out, the espresso is wonderful  I have learned an enormous amount about espresso as a result of working with this machine.

You must be willing to invest time and energy to perfect your pulls.  Took me a couple fo month to get it down.  I can only pull 2-3 shots before I need to turn it off to let it cool off.  Shots run on the small side (1-1.5 oz; never see a 2-2.5 oz shot).

This unit is a labor of love but so rewarding in the end.  Aesthetically it is a wonderful addition to any kitchen. Unlike any appliance I have.  There is immense satisfaction that comes from mastering it and the end result - the espresso - is just delicious. You cannot expect to buy this and immediately pull good shots.  I tossed plenty before I figured it out.  Also, it will make you fully appreciate the importance of your beans and grinder.  Bad beans or  subpar grinder = bad espresso.   For the physical fitness buffs out there,  you can manually grind your beans, give a hard pull on your LP and then get an immediate energy shot to start your day.  What could be better?

Super easy from a terrific forum member.

Posted: June 26, 2008, 9:51am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.19016289711)