La Pavoni Europiccola - Jay C's Review
Posted: January 21, 2008, 4:52pm
La Pavoni Europiccola
Arrow Espresso Zone

Arrow The La Pavoni Europiccola has 57 Reviews
Arrow The La Pavoni Europiccola has been rated 7.98 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow La Pavoni Europiccola reviews have been viewed 324,483 times (updated hourly).

Theron Georges 9.67
Antonio Salles 9.50
Gino Magnotta 9.45
Gail McNeill 8.50
Marc Tischler 8.50

Manufacturer: Pavoni Quality: 9
Where Bought: Williams Sonoma Aesthetics 9
Writer's Expertise: Just starting Would Buy Again: Yes
Bottom Line: This nice looking, easy to use machine delivers excellent espresso.

Easy to use.
Nice looking machine.
Great price.
Expected longevity.

The bolier does get hot, as noted by numerous reviewers.

I researched pump espresso makers, both manual and auto, for a week or so before deciding in the Europiccola.   My initial intent was to purchase a semi-auto machine, because I was wanted something that would be easy to use on a daily basis.  I was worried that a manual machine would be a hassle to use and difficult to master.  I wound up getting this machine for two reasons.  First, I could not get over the number of relatively new, refurbished semi-auto machines on the market.  This fact, coupled with numerous reviews, caused me to wonder about the durability of these devices.  The second reason was more fortuitous.  My buddy has an older version of this machine, which he has enjoyed for many years.  As luck would have it, he saw a single machine on clearance at W-S for $299, and he quickly convinced me to snap up this great deal.  I wasn't disappointed.  Of course, I had an experienced operator to show me the ropes, but I was pulling nice shots almost immediately.  I haven't bothered to hook up the special frothing device.  but I've been able to get nice enough foam holding the steaming nozzle just below the surface of the milk.  The thing that really surpises me is how easy this machine is to use and clean.  I expect it will also prove to be quite durable.

I'm not an espresso expert by any means, which is partly why I'm writing this review.  If you're a novice like me, don't be deterred by fears about a steep learning curve.  I certainly have room to experiment and improve, but I'm getting delicious espresso with this machine.

Pleasant enough.

Posted: January 21, 2008, 4:52pm
Quick Mill Andreja
Best bang for the buck in E-61 Espresso Machines.  In stock, free shipping, 2 yr warranty!
cupandbrew.com
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.192983865738)