La Pavoni Napolitana - Britt Juliff's Review
Posted: January 27, 2009, 9:06am
La Pavoni Napolitana Espresso Machine

Arrow The La Pavoni Napolitana has 9 Reviews
Arrow The La Pavoni Napolitana has been rated 7.40 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since June 29, 2007.
Arrow La Pavoni Napolitana reviews have been viewed 63,218 times (updated hourly).

Tgoob Erbutt 8.50
Britt Juliff 7.00
Nick Robins 6.75
Mike Heslop 6.33
Paul Petzschmann 4.50

Manufacturer: La Pavoni Quality: 8
Where Bought: ebay Aesthetics 9
Writer's Expertise: I like coffee Would Buy Again: Yes
Bottom Line: Great value in an all in one package that makes great espressos and lattes.

Sturdy stainless construction
Heavy grouphead/portafilter
Fast warmup
Easy to get microfoam
Easy to pull a shot with nice crema
Excellent adjustable grinder
Low cost

My boiler light sometimes comes on before the shot completes
I wish the boiler generated more steam and hot water before reheating
Grinder cleanup is harder in combi machine

I  am not sure the other comments about the temperature not being high enough are accurate.  I get a water temperature of about 160 if I measure water poured into a shot glass from the grouphead. But, water cools fast. When I use the grouphead temperature test with a styrofoam cup that I found on this site, I got a temperature in excess of 200 degrees. Chunk the foaming attachment. It is very easy to get microfoam without it. I just use very cold milk, stick the wand in the milk, quickly lift it to just at the surface, then I stretch the milk for about an extra 1/3, then I lower the wand into the milk to texture the milk until I can't hold it. Perfecto. I am roasting green Sweet Maria beans to Vienna in my i-Roast. They produce plenty of crema and a nice espresso to drink, put in lattes, or to make a fine Americano.

There were a few dents that the ebay seller didn't mention, but what the heck, it was a great deal.

Good machine, though I mostly use it as a grinder these days. I am off the espresso and latte kick and on to french pressed coffee. I do wish the steamer was more powerful, but I think that is pretty common on lower end machines.

Posted: January 27, 2009, 9:06am
Green Unroasted Coffee
Free shipping. Save 15% on variety pack, use 'variety' at checkout
www.madbeanscoffee
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.189563989639)