Lelit PL 041 Espresso - Ken L.'s Review
Posted: February 2, 2008, 10:31am
Lelit PL 041 Espresso Machine

Arrow The Lelit PL 041 Espresso has 23 Reviews
Arrow The Lelit PL 041 Espresso has been rated 8.62 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 22, 2007.
Arrow Lelit PL 041 Espresso reviews have been viewed 147,341 times (updated hourly).

Matthew Pecsok 10.00
Gary Edmunds 9.43
HEATHER HUNNICUTT 9.00
Joshua Wark 9.00
Armbrooke Thorne 9.00

Manufacturer: Le'Lit Quality: 9
Where Bought: 1st Line Aesthetics 9
Similar Items Owned: Solis SL70
Bottom Line: Great machine for the price. Overall I would buy this again, but would like to see a longer and typical steam wand.

Metal exterior
Good capacity drip tray
Quick warm up
Heavy duty portafilter
Steam capacity
Water level indicator on the side is readily visible
Three-way solenoid

Frothing aid sleeve
Short steam wand when the frothing sleeve is off
The portafilter handle goes far to the right to tighten to gasket

I have owned a Solis SL70 for the last 2 years and was very happy with it, but wanted to upgrade to a machine with a three-way solenoid since I was tired of wet pucks, plus wanted a larger filter basket since the Solis has a 53 mm one. I was considering going to a Simonella Oscar or Bezzera BZ02S but couldn't justify paying over twice as much for just making one or two lattes in the morning. I  was considering buying a used Rancilio Silvia, but got a great deal for a Le'lit PL041 from Jim at 1st Line. This machine suits me perfectly, plus my wife gave me a thumbs up on the look of it over the Solis SL70. I still think the Solis SL70 is a great machine for the price of less than $400. My one big gripe about this Le'lit is the frothing aid sleeve, which is totally useless. I just took off the sleeve and use the short want and can make a good microfoam.  Hopefully there is a way I can change the steam wand for a longer one. The portafilter handle has to tighten far to the right near the steam want do tighten  to the gasket. The pouring spouts then are a little  off center. The steaming capacity is great, just as good or better as the Solis SL70.  The area on top of the machine get nice and warm.  The water lever is easily seen from the sides, but I wish the capacity could be a bit bigger.  The drip tray has a nice capacity. Overall I would buy this again, but would like to see a longer and typical steam wand.

Great, I bought this from Jim at 1st Line and they shipped it right away and answered my questions even on the weekends. I would buy from them again.

Posted: February 2, 2008, 10:31am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.200779914856)