Lelit PL 041 Espresso - Tom Hildreth's Review
Posted: January 19, 2013, 4:38pm
Lelit PL 041 Espresso Machine

Arrow The Lelit PL 041 Espresso has 23 Reviews
Arrow The Lelit PL 041 Espresso has been rated 8.62 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 22, 2007.
Arrow Lelit PL 041 Espresso reviews have been viewed 139,892 times (updated hourly).

Gary Edmunds 9.43

Manufacturer: Le'Lit Quality: 9
Where Bought: 1st Line Aesthetics 10
Writer's Expertise: Pro Barista Would Buy Again: Yes
Similar Items Owned: Krups XP5220
Bottom Line: I am very pleased with the Le'lit.

Good espresso machine.

The instruction manual clearly states to run the hot water before drawing espresso to insure the boiler is filled with water.  When you do this, you will hear the pump.  It is important that you understand your operating sequence to insure you do not risk running the boiler dry and possible damage.

1st Line shipped my order promptly and kept me advised of my order delivery status.  One surprise (which may be my fault) was that 1st-Line requires UPS to get a delivery signature, and I was not going to be home. I had to work around the problem with UPS.  Other options are that you can have a neighbor sign for it or for $5 or you can have it delivered to a UPS store for customer pick-up.

Given the instruction manual was translated from Italian to English, when I had a question 1st Line answered it.  After a several weeks, when I would draw a shot of espresso I would get a slow drip of water from the wand.  When I asked 1st Line how to correct this they sent instructions with pictures on the steps to take, which solved it.  When I contacted another retailer about their support and repair services, they suggested I use 1st-Line.

When I first started using the Le'Lit there was a slow water leak where the steam wand is connected, which was could have been caused by shipping.  It was easy to tighten the connecting nut with a small wrench which stopped the leak.  You will need a 57 mm tamper, which takes some searching for or can be purchased from 1st-Line.

Very good.  1st-Line was very helpful.

Posted: January 19, 2013, 4:38pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.19140291214)