Lelit PL 041 Espresso - Larry Miller's Review
Posted: November 9, 2010, 5:24pm
Lelit PL 041 Espresso Machine

Arrow The Lelit PL 041 Espresso has 23 Reviews
Arrow The Lelit PL 041 Espresso has been rated 8.62 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 22, 2007.
Arrow Lelit PL 041 Espresso reviews have been viewed 149,994 times (updated hourly).

Matthew Pecsok 10.00
Gary Edmunds 9.43
HEATHER HUNNICUTT 9.00
Joshua Wark 9.00
Armbrooke Thorne 9.00

Manufacturer: Le'Lit Quality: 10
Where Bought: 1st Line Aesthetics 10
Bottom Line: Great machine, excellent extraction with excelent coffee, buy the grinder for a near perfect system

Great value; capable of pulling outstanding shots of espresso; works very well using the accomanying PL053 Lelit grinder.

The LeLit is not a fully automatic system. You still have to develop a tamp pressure and grind to pull good shots. While I do not have a downside to this espresso maker, you do need to experiment to find the perfect grind and tamp pressure. I assume this applies to any other espresso maker/grinder combination.

At this price point, I cannot imagine a better value machine for new or experienced 'shot pullers'. Combined with the LeLit PL53 grinder, you have a pretty capable espresso brewing system. While I am relatively new to espresso brewing, I found the LeLit combo as a great value. Put in expresso coffee that is fresh off the roast and you can pull outstanding shots at home. Buy the espresso in the grocery store and you will see how little crema is creates and how flat the coffee will taste.

I pulled my best shots ever when I ordered some espresso from Counter Culture Coffee. Prior to that, I was buying Starbucks from the groery store. Trust me on this, buy a good quality bean from a reliable coffee vendor and you may never buy a store brand ever again.

1st Line Coffee was the vendor for this machine. They apparently have a relationship with the folks at LeLit and have some say in the design and function of this espresso machine. Since I purchased my LeLit espresso machine, there have been a few changes for the positive. I certainly trust this comany and love my LeLit espresso maker.

Posted: November 9, 2010, 5:24pm
Oy, Don't Forget the Tea
Because not everyone drinks coffee.  Organic, English Breakfast tea, as low as $16/lb.
www.coffeeproject.com
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.207007169724)