Lello Cremissimo Ariete - Bill Turner's Review
Posted: October 30, 2009, 7:18am
Lello Cremissimo Ariete Espresso Machine

Arrow The Lello Cremissimo Ariete has 4 Reviews
Arrow The Lello Cremissimo Ariete has been rated 8.00 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 23, 2007.
Arrow Lello Cremissimo Ariete reviews have been viewed 24,072 times (updated hourly).

Matt Anderson 7.25
Bob Dodds 4.33
Bill Turner 0.00
Miss Vicki 0.00

Manufacturer: Unknown (third party rebranding) Quality: 8
Where Bought: Amazon.com Aesthetics 8
Similar Items Owned: First machine
Bottom Line: This was my first machine that is still in use.  I'd want a little more out of a newer one, but if I'm not sure what an extra $100+ would get me, I might just get this one again.  Don't avoid it because its priced too low.

With practice and getting a real tamper (not the plastic thing that comes with it) and getting a real burr grinder, this espresso machine can out do just about any coffee shop.  Unless maybe their best barista is on shift that day.  Also, good beans are needed.  It has the power/bars, it has the heat, and it can do it all.

This need needs switches instead of one large knob that can be tricky to use.  It can steam milk, but I wish it could do it faster.  I usually end up drinking espresso straight up because I'm too lazy to take the time to steam any milk.  The waste tray is starting to corrode after two+ years.  It must not really be 100% stainless steel.

In the end, I have gotten very good results, saved a lot of money avoiding coffee shops that seem to be more miss then hit as far as making my drinks right.  This thing doesn't cost a whole lot, but used properly, it is capable of making some very high quality espresso.

Note:  Like any tool, it needs to be used correctly.  It takes practice.  Each machine is different.  If your first few attempts aren't great, don't blame the machine.  Turn on the espresso pump for a second or two after each use to keep it from getting clogged.  It can get clogged, but not if you keep it clean.

I bought this from Amazon.com  I picked it because of features, review, and price.  It was just shipped to my house and it worked out of the box.

Posted: October 30, 2009, 7:18am
Craft Roasted Coffee
Some days you make the coffee. Other days the coffee makes you.
bit.ly/craftroasting-ks
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.184273004532)