Mr Coffee Espresso (All) - Alan Macleod's Review
Posted: February 20, 2008, 10:44am
Mr Coffee Espresso (All)

Arrow The Mr Coffee Espresso (All) has 22 Reviews
Arrow The Mr Coffee Espresso (All) has been rated 6.85 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since February 23, 2002.
Arrow Mr Coffee Espresso (All) reviews have been viewed 131,179 times (updated hourly).

Rene Lacroix 10.00

Product Reviewed: Mr Coffee ecm250
Manufacturer: Mr Coffee Quality: 7
Where Bought: Walmart Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: I like coffee Would Buy Again: Yes
Bottom Line: Makes very good lattes/capachinos. Easy to clean. Cheap.  Good machine if you only make a cup or two at a time.

Surprisingly good froth. Easy to use and clean. CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP. No leaks.

Those things you would expect from a steam based machine: 4 cup limit.

I wanted to see if I would really use an espresso machine before I purchased a more expensive one. I was looking at some sub-$100 pump machines but I saw this one and said what the heck.
So far its been great! Once I got the hang of it I was able to make some great tasting  lattes/cappuccinos and with more and thicker froth then I get at most cafes. And the time it takes to make and clean up is actually quite quick. A lot faster than making a pot of coffee. I was using a coffee press for a while for the convenience but this machine is not much more work than a press.
I'm not a big espresso guy so I can not judge the true quality of the espresso shot itself but I love milk based drinks and  this machine makes them as good as I have tasted anywhere...better than most places.  And I not using any special coffee. Just freshly ground espresso roast from the supermarket.
I have a Tassimo pod machine that makes pretty good lattes but its a two step process anyway and there is just as much clean up. Also, the coffee is not cheap (about $1 > $1.50 per latte).
I am still planing on buying a pump machine as they are better for parties but for now I'm very satisfied.

FIne.

Posted: February 20, 2008, 10:44am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.1793820858)