Mr Coffee Espresso (All) - Wolfhard Homma's Review
Posted: January 29, 2003, 10:59pm
Mr Coffee Espresso (All)

Arrow The Mr Coffee Espresso (All) has 22 Reviews
Arrow The Mr Coffee Espresso (All) has been rated 6.85 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since February 23, 2002.
Arrow Mr Coffee Espresso (All) reviews have been viewed 130,427 times (updated hourly).

Rene Lacroix 10.00

Manufacturer: Mr Coffee Quality: 2
Where Bought: Walmart.com Aesthetics 6
Writer's Expertise: I live coffee Would Buy Again: No
Similar Items Owned: DeLonghi Caffee Grande
Bottom Line: Nice and affordable, but you get what you pay for. Machine was returned to Walmart who credited my account. Walmart has no replacement for this machine. I contacted Mr. Coffee for tips on repair but never got a response.

Very affordable, has everything you need in an espresso machine, good styling, makes good espresso and steamed milk.

Design is cheap, frother attachment cannot be swiveled towards pitcher, machine broke after about six weeks of use.

After my Krups Espresso Nuovo broke for the second time I stumbled across this incredible offer from Walmart.com: A complete espresso/cappucino machine for under $50. Ordering through Walmart's web site was straight forward and about a week later I had the machine. It makes decent espresso, and the steamer is very efficient - even though the frothing wand cannot be swivelled, like with other machines. I enjoyed this machine for about 6 weeks before it started leaking from the water reservoir. Some cheap plastic part on the bottom of the tank compartment broke, now no matter how I insert the tank, I get water all over the place. The machine is made in China.

Ordering through Walmart's web site was straight forward, I got a confirmation of my order right away and was able to get updates on the shipping progress. About a week later I had the machine.

The second machine I got from Target.com works OK, so far (this is 4 months after purchasing this replacement machine). The main operating button is very hard to turn.

The machine from Target had to be fixed due to a bad thermostat. The dealer told me that he also unsuccessfully tried to obtain a new head gasket from Mr. Coffee. Unavailability of spare parts is a very bad sign. I got two refurbished machines on ebay for about $40/piece that ran OK, until one of them developed a leak. At this price you get what you pay for.

Posted: January 29, 2003, 10:59pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.188918828964)