Nemox Espresso - LOGAN NICHOLAS's Review
Posted: May 9, 2006, 3:26am
Nemox Espresso Machines

Arrow The Nemox Espresso has 6 Reviews
Arrow The Nemox Espresso has been rated 6.83 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since August 1, 2005.
Arrow Nemox Espresso reviews have been viewed 48,756 times (updated hourly).

Dimitry Angert 9.00
Tammy U. 9.00
Alan Holloway 8.50
Jordy Sce 8.33
LOGAN NICHOLAS 8.00

Product Reviewed: Nemox Junior
Manufacturer: Nemox, Quality: 7
Where Bought: JAVA JON Aesthetics 7
Bottom Line: Given that this is entry level equipment, with a little practice and the right grind you'll be pulling shots you only see in mags.

Simple to use and easy to clean
Nice lines - Good look
Consistent Shots
Price

Drips a little through the shower head
Plastic catch draw

My first Espresso machine so tried to do as much homework as possible. Couldn't afford the E61 Rocket so I was really looking in this market. The machine heats up quite quickly, 2 minutes then your ready to get cookin.

Started off a bit rough with consistency of shot but that was due to the crap grinder I purchased.

Once I matched the Nemox with a good conical grinder I was having no problem pulling shot after shot with good cremá. I found the pressure gauge a very handy guide as to whether the grind was fine enough or the temper to hard.

The grinder I purchased was a Sunbeam EMO480 conical grinder. Tried to source the Solis Maestro Plus but couldn't from New Zealand. I was recommended the Sunbeam by Alan Frew of Coffee for Connoisseurs (Australia) as it had similar features. For a grinder that's $200nz - $126us it was well worth the money.

I belive this machine punches above its weight for price. The machine is a bit of a no frills look, obviosly the price is kept down with fetures like the plastic draw but this has no detimental effect on the quality of your coffee which is what it's all about. The money has been spent where you can't see it (stainless steel boiler, brass portifiller etc).  If you can afford more then go for it. But for 3 or 4 cups a day you wont be disapointed.

I purchased the machine off JAVA JON of Mt Maunganui, New Zealand.  He recommended the right machine for my needs and price.

A Coffee legend in these parts and roasts a bloody good bean to boot.

Posted: May 9, 2006, 3:26am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.198571205139)