Nespresso Machines - Simon Atkins's Review
Posted: July 9, 2008, 3:47am
Nespresso Espresso Machines

Arrow The Nespresso Machines has 37 Reviews
Arrow The Nespresso Machines has been rated 8.02 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 6, 2003.
Arrow Nespresso Machines reviews have been viewed 483,267 times (updated hourly).

Peter Chenoweth 8.50
Gene B 8.28
McKenna Ross 8.14
J R 8.00
Andy B 7.20

Product Reviewed: Siemans TK50
Manufacturer: Nespresso Siemans Quality: 6
Where Bought: John Lewis (UK) Aesthetics 6
Bottom Line: Great machine, awful customer service from Nespress.

Very easy to use
Coffee is the same each time
No mess

The Nespresso club require you to buy the coffee directly from them, you can't buy coffee in the shops. I had a very negative experience with the Nespresso club.
You can't recycle the pods in the UK.
Customer serive is very poor.

I was looking at beans to cup machines in John Lewis (large UK store). They had a demonstration of the Nespresso system which wasn't what I was looking for (it's apod system) but having seen the demonstration and tasted the coffee I brought the machine.

Making coffee is very easy. The machine warms up in about 30 seconds, you insert the coffee pod of your choice and press the button for espresso or lungo. Less than a minute later you have your cup of coffee.  The machine also has a steam wand , which although not hugely powerful is capable of making enough microfoam for a cappuccino or latte.

The machine only has a couple of buttons and is very simple to operate.

The coffee tastes very reasonable, certainly better than most coffee shops.

Now for the down side.  You have to join the Nespresso club and order your coffee directly from them.  They have an online order system which looks very slick, but as I found out it has some serious issues.   I placed an order online which arrived a few days later. I had paid with my credit card. Three months later I had a letter from Nespresso saying I hadn't paid for my last order and if I didn't pay within 10 days they would take legal action against me.   I called Nespresso and explained I had paid online. I was told there must have been an issue with my credit card and they couldn't collect the payment. I called my bank and was told Nespresso hadn't attempted to take any money and there was not an issue with my card.  Back to Nespresso, who now said I must have made an error entering my card details. I know this was not true and when I pressed them I found that someone hadn't bothered to process my card. It was their mistake.   Nespresso could have ended this with a sorry, but instead threatened me with a debt collection agency.

Currently I'm negotiating with them to buy back the machine from me. I no longer want to be a Nespresso customer.

I have no issues with the machine itself, it does it's job and is very good.  Nespresso are the problem.

Posted: July 9, 2008, 3:47am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.195604085922)