Nespresso Machines - Steve Oshry's Review
Posted: December 28, 2006, 8:55am
Nespresso Espresso Machines

Arrow The Nespresso Machines has 37 Reviews
Arrow The Nespresso Machines has been rated 8.02 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 6, 2003.
Arrow Nespresso Machines reviews have been viewed 486,058 times (updated hourly).

Peter Chenoweth 8.50
Gene B 8.28
McKenna Ross 8.14
J R 8.00
Andy B 7.20

Product Reviewed: D150
Manufacturer: Nespresso Quality: 8
Where Bought: Bloomingdales Aesthetics 8
Bottom Line: very easy to use, consistent results, easy to maintain, coffee quality is the same.   However once you have the real thing, you can't go back to this system!

If you want to make espresso at home and you want no fuss and have no time, then this is the machine for you.  However, if you have had "real" espresso and you desire this quality, stay away

Crema looks great on top but disappears after first sip,  pods just do not compare to fresh ground coffee,  even their strongest coffee ("ristretto") does not compare with what I now make with my QuickMill Alexia

Two years ago I saw this machine in a store and was very skeptical that something so easy to use (pop in a pod and hit a swich) could make a decent cup of espresso.  I was surprised how good it tasted and immediately bought one and then used it daily for 2 years.  I know how other reviewers have said that this is what a lot of Europeans use but a couple of months ago I was in Switzerland (home of Nespresso) and had some great espressos in cafes there.  When I came home my Nespresso just did not measure up.   I did some exploring in New York City, came acrosss Ninth Street Espresso , and then I knew I needed to upgrade!  Last week I purchased a Macap M4 grinder and Quickmill Alexia from Chris Coffee and now I am giving the Nespresso away.

I did use the Nespresso for 2  years, it is good if you compare it to Krups or similar products.  It just can't compare to the real thing.
It does produce a great looking espresso with lots of crema on top.  Now that I know what real crema tastes like, the nespresso crema is artificial (as other reviewers have said).

My new system (machine and grinder) cost  MUCH more than the Nespresso and take up much more counter space.  I am also spending more time making my morning espresso than I used to.  Since I am still learning, I expect this time to decrease but it will never be as quick as Nespresso.

If the cost, space, and time is important to you and you want something drinkable then this is a great machine.

I bought in department store (Bloomingdales).  They showed a demo of the machine and were very helpful.  I was hooked and was immediately up and running at home.

Posted: December 28, 2006, 8:55am
Green Unroasted Coffee
Free shipping. Save 15% on variety pack, use 'variety' at checkout
www.madbeanscoffee
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.199853897095)