Nespresso Machines - Amy Vonk's Review
Posted: June 6, 2006, 3:01am
Nespresso Espresso Machines

Arrow The Nespresso Machines has 37 Reviews
Arrow The Nespresso Machines has been rated 8.02 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 6, 2003.
Arrow Nespresso Machines reviews have been viewed 489,101 times (updated hourly).

Peter Chenoweth 8.50

Product Reviewed: C190
Manufacturer: Nespresso Quality: 9
Where Bought: Nespresso.com Aesthetics 10
Similar Items Owned: Krups
Bottom Line: Looks great,  is easy to use/clean, tastes better and costs less than your Starbucks habit.

Streamline design, ease of use and cleanup, great variety of capsules to choose from, and makes a great espresso

It's a bit awkward to manuever a cup of milk under the steamer because it's too short.  The steamer also has to be kept very clean so it doesn't get clogged, which isn't that difficult but you need to remember to do so (and remind others that use the machine to do so as well!).

Before buying this machine, I had tried a cup of coffee from my sister's Nespresso machine (she has the least expensive one) and was really impressed.    I decided to spend more money on the C190 because I loved the design and it was a good size for my tiny kitchen.  The C190 is really easy to use, clean, and the espresso is consistently great.  I love the variety strengths of the capsules - the darkest ones are best for lattes.

It's necessary to clean the machine about every six months with a kit you buy from Nespresso - basically a cleaning powder that you run through the espresso and frothing device.  You also have to take apart the frothing stem to clean  the dried milk  that may be inside.

I like the seasonal limited edition capsules Nespresso brings out in the Spring and Winter - I've bought each one and haven't been disappointed yet.

Since buying this machine, my boyfriend's parents and his brother/wife have also went on to buy their own after their experience with ours.

Before I ordered online, I went to the Nespresso store in Manhattan and they employees were very helpful - they brewed a few cups of espresso for me using different machines and let me try out each one myself.

Posted: June 6, 2006, 3:01am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.195022106171)