Nespresso Machines - Germanotta Frank's Review
Posted: February 4, 2006, 11:28pm
Nespresso Espresso Machines

Arrow The Nespresso Machines has 37 Reviews
Arrow The Nespresso Machines has been rated 8.02 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 6, 2003.
Arrow Nespresso Machines reviews have been viewed 483,159 times (updated hourly).

Peter Chenoweth 8.50

Product Reviewed: C190
Manufacturer: Nespresso Quality: 10
Where Bought: Department Store Aesthetics 8
Similar Items Owned: Olympia Express Cremina
Bottom Line: I definately recommend the smaller machines (Essenza C90 or D90) that are now available since the frothing wand isn't worth the additional money.

Consistantly very good espresso.
Very easy to maintain / clean.
Can make several cups of espresso without waiting between shots.
Excellent customer service.
The machine comes with a package of two of the complete assortment of 12 espresso pod varieties.
Limited time offerings of special espresso blends.
Automatic club membership with your first espresso pod order.

The steaming wand doesn't work very well.
The machine only works with Nespresso brand pods.
The smaller newer Nespresso machines (Essenza C90 or D90 without the steaming wand) are half the price, work just as well and take up much less room.

I have been very happy with this machines performance. In fact it has been my experience that it pulls a better shot than I can get at most restaurants in NYC.
I also own an Olympia Express Cremina. Although it has performed very well over the 25 years I've owned it, I find the Nespresso makes a much better and more consistant shot.
I live in NYC so rather than order the pods online which I did for the first year I owned the machine, I can go to the showroom in midtown to purchase the coffee pods.
When you visit the showroom you are invited to sample any of the espresso varieties and special limited offer blends as well as preview any prototype acessories that are in development.

I went to the showroom in midtown Manhattan and tested the various models available. I was also encouraged to sample the many varieties of coffee pods. There was no preasure to buy then.
In fact I used a gift certificate to purchase the machine at Macy's.
The welcome package that I recieved with the machine was very impressive. A beautifully packaged brochure and a boxed sampling of two pods of each of the 12 espresso blends available.
Within a month I started to recieve their coffee lifestyle magazine and notices of limited-time specialty blends.
Because the experience at the show room was so pleasant I now purchase the coffee pods directly from them. They have my credit card on file so there is no cash transaction necessary. The savings on s&h pay for an additional 10 pods.

Posted: February 4, 2006, 11:28pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.191153049469)