Nespresso Machines - Kristie Gill's Review
Posted: January 5, 2010, 6:51pm
Nespresso Espresso Machines

Arrow The Nespresso Machines has 36 Reviews
Arrow The Nespresso Machines has been rated 7.98 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 6, 2003.
Arrow Nespresso Machines reviews have been viewed 468,963 times (updated hourly).

Jim Trascap 9.33

Product Reviewed: D290
Manufacturer: Nespresso Quality: 8
Where Bought: Williams Sonoma Aesthetics 7
Similar Items Owned: Krups
Bottom Line: Not worth it!  Buy the simpler Nespresso if all you want to do is pour a very quick shot.  Otherwise, try a different brand!

The coffee pods make pulling a shot extremely quick and clean.

The attached milk frother is useless.  It is far too complex to operate and only heats the milk to 140 - 150 degrees.  I like a hot milk.  This frother gives you no control.

I bought two of these machines and was SO excited!  The coffee shot was OK, not as strong as I usually like but OK.  Then the milk.  It took a call to Williams Sonoma and two calls to Nespresso to figure out how to use it and why the milk was not hot enough.  While the espresso mechanism is totally dumbed down and tidy, the frothing mechanism is absurdly complex and messy.  If you look away at the wrong moment you can get milk and water shooting everywhere.  Nespresso makes versions that just do the shot and then a seperate frothing cup accessory.  I guess that will be my next try!

The people at Williams Sonoma were great.  Those who helped me both own the simpler version of this machine without the frother and love it.  They recommended the other one.  I wanted one machine to do all so went my own way.  Should have listened!

I actually took this machine back.  The milk frother was useless so what was the point?  I am considering getting one with the seperate frothing cup for our vacation house because I could pump out more drinks for a crowd.

Posted: January 5, 2010, 6:51pm
Italian Coffee
Italian coffee beans, grinds and pods from Kimbo, LavAzza, Miscela d'Oro & Bristot. Qty. discounts!
Gourmet Organic Coffee
Temblor is a smooth high-grown Guatemalan coffee that presents notes of spice and chocolate.
thelostgringo.com
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.181005001068)