Nespresso Machines - Rodion Romanovich Raskolnikov's Review
Posted: October 26, 2005, 3:40am
Nespresso Espresso Machines

Arrow The Nespresso Machines has 37 Reviews
Arrow The Nespresso Machines has been rated 8.02 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 6, 2003.
Arrow Nespresso Machines reviews have been viewed 485,452 times (updated hourly).

Peter Chenoweth 8.50
Gene B 8.28
McKenna Ross 8.14
J R 8.00
Andy B 7.20

Product Reviewed: Coban
Manufacturer: Alessi Quality: 5
Where Bought: Alessi Aesthetics 9
Bottom Line: Great looks and function. Go for it!

The looks of it. Oh my god!
Built-in grinder, and handles pods aswell.
Great steaming.

Grinder hasn't got that many settings.
No cup warmer.
No tamper included.

It's a beautiful machine, it really is.
I sometimes get stuck just staring at it.
But then I get thrown back into reality: class starts in half an hour.
Fill it up, turn it on, let it sit for at least ten minutes, pull a warm water shot.
Let the cup heat for a minute or so while I grind the coffee (or put the pod in the filter if it's early, wouldn't want to wake my neighbours).
Tamp the coffee (with my new Reg Barber tamper that's really good - read my other review!)
Put the portafilter back in place.
Pull the shot in the pre-heated cup.
Turn it off.

The espresso does turn out good. The crema isn't like the ones I've got from good espresso bars, but it got better when switching from some low quality coffee to Mauro DeLuxe and the plastic tamper to the Reg Barber one (the millimeter is 53 by the way, if you decide to buy a tamper for the Coban).

The good part about this machine is the steaming wand. I have been using it for a month or so, and I already make better foam than the espresso bars I visit (don't want to brag but I really do get great cappuccinos).

Pretty easy cleaning, do unscrew the plate above the portafilter from time to time and clean it.

No problems

Posted: October 26, 2005, 3:40am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.188588857651)