Pasquini Livietta T2 - John Bast's Review
Posted: November 4, 2013, 6:28pm
Pasquini Livietta T2 Espresso Machine

Arrow The Pasquini Livietta T2 has 8 Reviews
Arrow The Pasquini Livietta T2 has been rated 6.80 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 28, 2007.
Arrow Pasquini Livietta T2 reviews have been viewed 60,413 times (updated hourly).

Russell Rutledge 9.50
Neal Shipwash 9.00
Jan Hansen 8.00
Holger Ericsson 7.00
Jerry B 4.50

Manufacturer: Olympia Quality: 3
Where Bought: Whole Latte Love Aesthetics 5
Writer's Expertise: I like coffee Would Buy Again: No
Similar Items Owned: None (thank God)
Bottom Line: Want a shot of aggravation with that Latte? Get the Livietta!

Quick to heat up.
Good, consistent shots
Easy to learn, easy to use

Fundamentally flawed design and execution for producing steam
Very loud steam nozzle (the few times that it actually produced any steam, that is)

I'm not a coffee geek - I just want a good reliable machine to make lattes and caps with. I got this machine because it can steam and brew at the same time and I didn't need to do any heat management when going from one to the other.

After about 4 months, the machine stopped producing steam (brewing was fine). Returned it to the dealer THREE TIMES in total and they couldn't fix it. So they gave me new replacement machine.  As a precaution, I used only distilled water in this 2nd machine. After 2 months, this 2nd machine also stopped making steam.

So I suspect that this is some kind of design issue (or I'm the unluckiest guy in the world). I'm trying to return this 2nd defective machine for a full refund. So far (3 weeks), they haven't been returning my emails.

Throughout all this, brewing was unaffected and both machines continued to make good, consistent shots.

Character-building - if you can deal with them, you can deal with anybody. The more problems I've had with the machines, the slower WLL has been. I'm virtually deaf, so I can only communicate with email. So I've been emailing customer service a few times a week for the last 3 weeks - asking for the service manager to contact me about returning this for a refund. So far, only silence. After a year of aggravation with these things, you'd figure they'd be willing to bend over backwards to please me. Quite the opposite.

I went with them because they're closer to me than other large dealers (I live 50 miles north of NY City). I'll never make that mistake again.

Posted: November 4, 2013, 6:28pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.198163986206)