Philips Senseo - Brandon Sondag's Review
Posted: February 6, 2008, 7:49pm
Philips Senseo Single Cup

Arrow The Philips Senseo has 15 Reviews
Arrow The Philips Senseo has been rated 6.91 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since December 24, 2004.
Arrow Philips Senseo reviews have been viewed 99,458 times (updated hourly).

Stephanie Dillard 9.50
Ami Ortom 8.66
Kim Morgan 8.50
Donald Letizia 8.00
Watts Martin 8.00

Manufacturer: Philips Quality: 7
Where Bought: Target Aesthetics 5
Bottom Line: Unless they can make better types of coffee for the machine, I'm not completely satisfied; however after 1 year, I still use it when I want a quick cup.

*Very easy to use
*Quick and convenient... it can brew a quick cup of coffee
*Easy to clean

*Most coffee made for this machine isn't great
*Makes small cups with one pod
*The coffee pods are expensive

I purchased this product a year ago because I was looking for something to make me a quick cup of coffee in the morning when I'm in a rush.  Normally I just use my $20 coffee maker, which I've had for years.  I initially purchased this machine because I tried a pod-based coffee system (in Switzerland) and it was great, so of course, I tried to duplicate that experience here.  When I'm in a pinch and don't feel like dealing with my normal coffee maker, it's great.  Just fill the reservoir with water, let it heat for about 1 to 2 minutes, place the pod in the machine, and you're good to go!!  Of course, if you want to make enough coffee to fill up a standard 16oz to go mug, you have to use four coffee pods and run the machine twice.  One pod makes about a 4oz cup, and two pods make an 8oz cup.

There's a number of different Senseo coffee pods available, depending upon the strength of coffee you like.  I like stronger coffee, so I enjoy the Dark Roast and Columbian, but they're still mediocre.  They also offer flavored coffees, as well as a "cappucino", but they are all terrible.  There are some other makers (such as Folgers) whose pods will work in this machine as well.  I haven't looked around at any other company's pods that will work.  Apparantly there is a re-usable pod you can purchase and fill with your own coffee, but I don't have one.

I purchased it at Target, so not much to say about this.

Posted: February 6, 2008, 7:49pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.173226118088)