Philips Senseo - Lindsay Goldberg's Review
Posted: January 28, 2005, 11:15am
Philips Senseo Single Cup

Arrow The Philips Senseo has 15 Reviews
Arrow The Philips Senseo has been rated 6.91 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since December 24, 2004.
Arrow Philips Senseo reviews have been viewed 100,000 times (updated hourly).

Stephanie Dillard 9.50
Ami Ortom 8.66
Kim Morgan 8.50
Donald Letizia 8.00
Watts Martin 8.00

Manufacturer: Philips Quality: 9
Where Bought: the senseo store Aesthetics 10
Bottom Line: Overall, this machine is definitely worth purchasing, not only because of its attractive design, but also beacuse it is so easy to use and saves time.

Easy to use and clean; very quick; great texture to coffee; many pod options in various flavors and brands; one cup at a time so no waste

Pods that come with the machine are not the best I've ever had- made by Sara Lee, but far from the worst; no timer; brewing amounts available are not always convenient; slightly noisy for a few seconds

I was very impressed with this product at first use. A coworker brought this machine to use in our office and everyone that has used it since has commented on how easy it is to use and clean up. I actually bought one for my parents who are both usually to busy to brew coffee in the morning these days and they use it all of the time. We all love that we can brew one cup at a time whenever we want instead of brewing a whole coffee pot that could go to waste. My only problem is that the two brewing amount options on the machine (1 pod and 2 pods) aren't the most convenient- 1 pod is too small of a serving for regular coffee (good for espresso) and 2 pods are a bit too big to fit in a typical coffee mug/paper cup. My solution is to either use an extra large mug or to turn the machine off before my cup overflows (also makes for a stronger cup of coffee).

Fine. Check around for prices though, i think i've seen it advertised for less elsewhere.

Since I got this machine, I've tried some other pods including the Senseo flavored ones. Folgers pods werent too flavorful, and Java Podz were ok but let out little grinds that clog up a hole that the coffee drips through, creating a really tough vacuum. Of the Senseo flavors (hazelnut, vanilla, and irish cream), i like hazelnut the best. They're a little sweet so I usually put in one dark roast pod and one flavored pod for a more subtle hint. Seneso dark roast is still my favorite of all though- better than all the other roasts and brands.

Posted: January 28, 2005, 11:15am
Craft Roasted Coffee
Some days you make the coffee. Other days the coffee makes you.
bit.ly/craftroasting-ks
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.192479133606)