La Spaziale Professionale - Victor Early's Review
Posted: January 16, 2003, 4:12pm
La Spaziale Professionale

Arrow The La Spaziale Professionale has 3 Reviews
Arrow The La Spaziale Professionale has been rated 9.40 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since February 23, 2002.
Arrow La Spaziale Professionale reviews have been viewed 39,537 times (updated hourly).

Dezco Inc 7.70
James Saftich 6.66
Victor Early 5.80

Manufacturer: La Spaziale Quality: 10
Where Bought: south florida Aesthetics 9
Bottom Line: Professional quality for the home. Heirloom quality.

Machine makes perfect professional quality espresso every time. All parts are heavy duty and have a great Italian feel/look. I have owned the machine for 13 years, I use it every day in my home, always satisfying.

Filling with water is a little cumbersome. I had to replace one of the switches on the front pannel after about 4 years of continuous use, the part was readily available from a local service provider.

The price I paid seemed high at the time (1995) but the machine is very durable and has been dependable except for the switch that wore out. The other person who got this machine for $450 got it at wholesale and I would not expect most people to get this deal. When ever I serve espresso to a guest they are very happy with the result.  One very impressive part of the machine is the filter holder - it weighs a ton and the mass of it retains heat to help produce a hefty crema layer.  One point is the machine works best after the filter holder is allowed to warm up completely, not just after the water is warm in the machine. The second espresso always comes out better than the first if the machine was just turned on. I look forward to many more years of service from this machine.

Expensive but worth it after 13 years of continuous use.

na

UPDATE 2008. Well after 13 years of continuous use it is still going strong and looks great. I have made at least 2 double lattes every day (9670+) over the last 13 years. I estimate my cost to date for double lattes including machine, coffee, and milk to be about $0.38 each. It looks like this machine will be an heirloom someday.

Posted: January 16, 2003, 4:12pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.206110954285)