Quick Mill Alexia - G M's Review
Quick Mill Alexia Espresso Machine
Arrow CupAndBrew.com

Arrow The Quick Mill Alexia has 15 Reviews
Arrow The Quick Mill Alexia has been rated 9.27 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 22, 2007.
Arrow Quick Mill Alexia reviews have been viewed 79,190 times (updated hourly).

Bill Miano 9.50
Martin Poulin 9.00
Phil Greene 8.00
Mark Botta 8.00
Marc Bronzetti 7.00

Manufacturer: Quick Mill Quality: 9
Where Bought: Chris Coffee Service Aesthetics 10
Similar Items Owned: Rancilio Silvia
Bottom Line: The Alexia with a PID is a perfect machine for someone who mostly drinks esporess.

E61 and PID

If you make a lot of milk drinks, this may not be the best machine for you.

I ordered the Alexia with a PID installed by Chris Coffee Service.  When I took it out of the box, I was amazed by the craftsmanship.  The machine has attractive lines, the material gleams, and it's beautiful to look at.  (The water tank cover had some slightly sharp edges, but that's been addressed in the new model.)  Fortunately, with a little attention, it's easy to keep the machine looking great.

The best part of the machine, though, is it's ability to produce great espresso.  The combination of the E61 and a PID makes it easy for me to get consistent results.  My past few machines have left me wanting something more, but not this one.   I'm getting professional-level resutls.

Steaming milk is also easy, though if you make a lot of milk drinks, you may want to consider a HX machine.

Overall, I found the Alexia to be a nice upgrade from the Silvia.

I called Chris Coffee Service with the intention of buying a different machine.  The customer service rep took the time to talk to me, answered my questions, and ultimately suggested that the Alexia might be a better fit for what I was looking for.  (For whatever it may be worth, the machine I was originally going to buy cost more.)  She was right -- the machine is perfect for me.  I called a couple of times after purchase, and always got fast and friendly advice.  I would definitely buy from them again.

Posted: July 30, 2011, 5:07pm
Barista Tools
Large selection of tampers, pitchers, milk frothers and much more!
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.186784982681)