Quick Mill Alexia - Jay Fritzke's Review
Posted: November 30, 2012, 9:55am
Quick Mill Alexia Espresso Machine

Arrow The Quick Mill Alexia has 15 Reviews
Arrow The Quick Mill Alexia has been rated 9.27 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 22, 2007.
Arrow Quick Mill Alexia reviews have been viewed 81,520 times (updated hourly).

Bill Miano 9.50
Martin Poulin 9.00
Phil Greene 8.00
Mark Botta 8.00
Marc Bronzetti 7.00

Manufacturer: Quick Mill Quality: 9
Where Bought: Chris's Coffee Aesthetics 9
Similar Items Owned: Silvia
Bottom Line: Best single boiler machine for awesome shots everyday!

Temperature stable
Quick turn around on shots
Excellent PID package
Easy to clean and maintain

None that I have found in a years worth of use.

Wow where do I begin.  I bought this to replace my Silvia because I felt that I had moved beyond what she was capable of producing.  Both of my machines were purchased and supported from Chris's Coffee, more on that later.    The quality of construction and the access to everything on this machine makes it both beautiful and functional.  I make between 5-8 shots a day and want the best possible consistency.  Based on the expert advice I received from Chris's I chose this single boiler over a double boiler system.  I only make milk drinks 2 or 3 time per year and decided that the best shot was far more important.

I have been using this everyday for over a year now and have been impressed with the awesome shots I pull everyday.  I roast in approximately one pound batches so I have a good idea of what each shot should taste like.  The PID control has allowed me to fine tune my shots and to know when everything is stable for the second shot.  When you look at the price above please note that it includes the PID and installation by Chris's Coffee.   The massive nature of the E61 group contributes to this stability but it is always nice to know that you are on the mark!  Overall the Alexia has been easy to maintain and service.  After a years worth of use I finally replaced the shower head and gasket.  This was the easiest replacement I have ever done.  I believe that back flushing the unit using the single spout portafilter and a blind flush disk (supplied with the machine) contributed to keeping everything clean.  I back flush the unit every 2-3 weeks with detergent.

Overall if you are looking for the best machine for pulling espresso shots this is it.  Spend the extra money for the PID kit you won't be sorry.

Chris's Coffee is the BEST.  I train sales people and customer service people everyday.  Chris has built a team to be proud of through out his organization.  I have dealt with everyone from the sales team to the service department and received excellent support.  This is the second machine I bought from them (Silvia was the first) and I didn't even consider calling anyone else.  Could I have saved a few dollars?  Maybe, but the bottom line for me is service.  You may never need it but with Chris's company you will get the best when you do.

Posted: November 30, 2012, 9:55am
Don't suffer bad espresso
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.18930888176)