QuickMill Anita - Neal T.'s Review
QuickMill Anita Espresso Machine
Arrow EspressoOutlet.net

Arrow The QuickMill Anita has 47 Reviews
Arrow The QuickMill Anita has been rated 9.19 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since August 1, 2005.
Arrow QuickMill Anita reviews have been viewed 258,255 times (updated hourly).

Jeff Cirelli 9.00
Cameron Neilson 9.00
Tim Eggers 8.85
Michael Wolfson 8.35
Jeffrey the Barak 8.33

Manufacturer: QuickMill Quality: 9
Where Bought: Chris Coffee Aesthetics 10
Writer's Expertise: Just starting Would Buy Again: Yes
Bottom Line: Anita has been a steady companion for me every morning. Although I haven't tried other machines, I'm very happy with Anita.

- Good reputation (both manufacturer and vendor)

- Aesthetically pleasing to look at

- Large water reservoir and drip tray

- Heat exchanger

- Dual gauges

- Easy to adjust brew pressure

- Cover is difficult to re-install (screw holes don't lineup and screws are too short)

- Basically the differences between the Anita and Andreja Premium (Steam arm gets hot, no direct plumb option, downgraded valves, etc).

I've had the Anita for about 9 months now, and am very happy. Usually I pull 1 double per day, and would buy this machine again.

It's funny how "upgrade-itis" can creep up on someone. It started about 10 years ago with a cheap $25 Mr. Coffee steam machine. When I got married 5 years ago, I got a $100 Krups espresso machine as a wedding gift and thought I was in heaven.

Tired of going to $tarb****$, I found Coffeegeek.com and got sucked in to some real espresso. I started to read the forums and other people's questions about "Which espresso machine should I buy?".

Initially, I was looking at the Rocky and Sylvia combo. My drink preferences are more towards caps and lattes, so I wanted to go with a heat exchanger machine. Due to budget constraints, I placed that a heat exchanger machine on the back burner. As luck would have it, some additional funds fell into my lap and I could now look at the heat exchanger machines and a good grinder. Which espresso machine should I get??? I narrowed it down between the Quickmill Andreja Premium and Anita.

Now the question: is the additional $400 for the Andreja features (upgraded valves, direct plumb option, no-burn arms, etc) worth it? It was a tough decision, but I elected to allocate the money toward a Mazzer Mini grinder. Because I'm the only one who drinks espresso in our household, I figured that the Anita would hold up fine. After 9 months of daily use, I've been very happy with its performance.

Do I wish I'd gotten the Premium? Sometimes (especially when I burn my hand on the arms, the swiveling steam arm to get that "perfect angle" when frothing milk, better valves).

Many times I'd buy a cheap item, only for it to breakdown later and realize "You get what you pay for". I thought "Why not get a Premium" and not worry about upgrading later? Well, the difference was $400.....and I could get a great grinder with that money. I likened it to a middle model of a Toyota Camry versus the top-end Camry model: they're both Camrys and should match my needs just fine, but do I really need the leather seats with sunroof and GPS navigation???? So, I decided that the Anita would meet my needs just fine and I'd get a Mazzer Mini with the extra dough.

Anita has suited me well this past year, and I look forward to her continued faithfulness.

Chris Coffee was a smooth buying experience and their customer support was one of the main reasons I bought from them. Good communication and followup emails from them.

How often do you get an email several months after your purchase asking how everything was going???? :)

Posted: January 10, 2007, 8:18pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.194477081299)