QuickMill Anita - Vernon Stafford's Review
QuickMill Anita Espresso Machine
Arrow CupAndBrew.com

Arrow The QuickMill Anita has 46 Reviews
Arrow The QuickMill Anita has been rated 9.18 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since August 1, 2005.
Arrow QuickMill Anita reviews have been viewed 251,393 times (updated hourly).

Jeff Cirelli 9.00
Cameron Neilson 9.00
Tim Eggers 8.85
Michael Wolfson 8.35
Jeffrey the Barak 8.33

Manufacturer: QuickMill Quality: 8
Where Bought: Chris Coffee Service Aesthetics 7
Bottom Line: Very satisfied with this excellent and near-professional quality machine.

- Machine was well packaged and protected.
- Good instructions to get up and running quickly.
- Overall well put together and industrial looking machine.

- Steam wand only moves in one direction, full swivel would be nicer.
- Grooves in steam nozzle are a pain to keep clean.
- On/ off stickers are redundant, lights are on if machine is on and they look like an afterthought.

Deciding that I wanted to own a real commercial quality espresso machine sent me off researching prosumer espresso machines for potential purchase.  After reading many reviews and opinions I narrowed my prospects down to a couple of choices.  I had a certain set of features and price range that I wanted to adhere to.  I wanted an E61 group head, good steaming ability and really did not want to pay over $1000.00.  I was also look for a machine that would serve me for many years to come.  It seemed that going below $1500.00 forced you to compromise on quality and features.  Leaving few options in terms of high quality machines.

The Quick Mill Anita seems to be just what I was looking for in terms of price and quality.  What tipped me in the direction of the Anita was the combination of quality features in my price range.  The Anita has basically the same high quality internal configuration as many of its higher priced sister machines but with some minor differences.  Wanting to stay within my budget and not suffer from upgrade fever in a few months, I felt that the Anita would be a good value for the money.

The people at Chris Coffee were extremely helpful and spent a lot of time finding out what I was looking for in a machine and providing me information to make an informed decision.

Still feel good about Anita purchase.  Chris Coffee Service sent me a "non -grooved " steam tip so no more cleaning issues with the steam tip.  Chris Coffee Service is the best!  Best advice that I can give is to commit to BOTH a good grinder and the espresso machine you want ( I have a "Rocky" Rancilio which has never failed me at finding the right grind to draw great shots.  Thanks again to Chris Coffee!)  You need to be willing to work with and learn your machine to draw great shots.  Bottom line:  If you budget is around $1000.00 you will not regret buying an Anita!

Having lived with this machine for roughly one year now, I can confidently say that my previous observations were correct- this machine is an excellent value, making professional level equipment available to the masses.  The Anita has been a constant fixture in the household, used every day since it was purchased, and is left on for at least 8 hours a day (on a timer, a highly recommended accessory) and never missed a beat. I have to contribute a serious amount of this pleasure to Chris Coffee Services- I have called them up several times over the past year to make inquiries about the machine and parts for it, possible modifications to temperature and pressure, etc. and every time felt completely welcomed and pleased to be doing business with them.  Getting to purchase a machine from them has proved to be a major plus to the Anita, despite the fact that it has never broken or needed any ďrealĒ service. I am more than impressed with the company as a whole, and in the event of any espresso-related needs would not hesitate to do business with them.

The machineís espresso making capacities have consistently amazed me in quality and professionalism available at such ease; although there is a learning curve, I would readily advise anyone new to the home espresso scene to purchase this machine. The E61 group is as forgiving as it is classically beautiful, and instantly adds a level of class to any kitchen or coffee-production station. The Anita has weathered itís year and hundreds of shots well, still looking nearly new and running with the exact consistency it did on the day of itís production. To anyone questioning the quality of a lower-cost machine, let this stand as an example of the build quality on the current QuickMill lineup. I do not in the least wish I had purchased a different machine, and am consistently amazed at the high quality of the Anita. At the one-year mark the machine still outperforms others in itís class, and seems poised to do so for years to come.

Posted: March 7, 2007, 6:30pm
Italian Coffee
Italian coffee beans, grinds and pods from Kimbo, LavAzza, Miscela d'Oro & Bristot. Qty. discounts!
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.197489023209)