Quickmill Silvano - Nicolas Terranova's Review
Posted: March 19, 2012, 7:06pm
QuickMill Silvano

Arrow The Quickmill Silvano has 25 Reviews
Arrow The Quickmill Silvano has been rated 8.99 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since January 29, 2011.
Arrow Quickmill Silvano reviews have been viewed 111,423 times (updated hourly).

Fernando R 9.50
Zim Berto 9.50
Don Walter 9.50
Mike C 9.00
Noel Labat-Comess 9.00

Manufacturer: Quickmill Quality: 10
Where Bought: Chris' Coffee Aesthetics 10
Similar Items Owned: Gaggia Classic
Bottom Line: Versatile and excellent machine no matter what your preferred drink is.

Excellent shots
Small footprint
Steam and brew at the same time with the thermoblock
Adjustable brew pressure
PID
Quick heat up time
Can turn off thermoblock to conserve energy

None so far
After 3 months - no negatives, this machine perfectly fits my needs

I did loads of research before getting this machine. I drink mainly straight shots during the week, and make a few milk drinks on the weekends for myself and friends. I wanted a PID machine, the ability to steam and brew at the same time, and control over brew pressure. I wasn't looking to spend the money on a dual boiler, and the Silvano seemed to fit the bill perfectly. The machine heats up very quickly and is ready to go in 15-30 minutes. I have it paired with a Vario grinder and it performs wonderfully.  It recovers quickly between drinks and is a pleasure to use. I really like the feature of being able to turn the steam bank on and off, that way I'm not using the extra power when not making milk based drinks. I have been able to create microfoam pretty easily and actually prefer having a switch instead of a knob for steaming. Another convenience is the water reservoir sliding out of the side of the machine. The machine has a relatively small footprint, and has a nice clean look to it. The drip tray is huge, and makes clean up easy.  All of the pros everyone has mentioned are true.

Excellent experience with Chris' Coffee, highly recommended!  If I upgrade in the future my machine will come from CC.

Still loving my Silvano. I have pulled 2-3 shots every day since the inception of our relationship.  I look forward to waking up to her every morning! Maintenance has been easy - just back flush with water weekly, and with cleanser monthly. I am able to produce decent microfoam and I only make milk based drinks on the weekends for friends so don't get much practice.  I don't regret this purchase one bit, and haven't really thought about upgrading either. The thought of a dual boiler machine has crossed my mind, but then I think of how much it would benefit my needs, and the Silvano fulfills my needs in every way. I live in a small apartment and don't have the ability to plumb in. I will eventually upgrade to a dual boiler in the future, when I have a few grand to burn and am able to plumb in a machine.  For now I am loving the simplicity and ease of use of the Silvano. Being able to change temperature for different roasts is great. Another feature I like is being able to switch the thermoblock off, as I only use steam occasionally.

In summary, if you are limited with space and can't plumb in this machine is an excellent option. When I have the space and money I will then consider a dual boiler with an E-61 group. But for now I'm completely content with my Silvano!

Posted: March 19, 2012, 7:06pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.19527220726)