Quickmill Silvano - Zim Berto's Review
Posted: June 21, 2011, 10:32pm
QuickMill Silvano

Arrow The Quickmill Silvano has 25 Reviews
Arrow The Quickmill Silvano has been rated 8.99 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since January 29, 2011.
Arrow Quickmill Silvano reviews have been viewed 108,168 times (updated hourly).

Zim Berto 9.50
Don Walter 9.50
Mike C 9.00
Fernando R 9.00
Noel Labat-Comess 9.00

Manufacturer: Quickmill Quality: 9
Where Bought: ChrisCoffee Aesthetics 8
Bottom Line: Excellent machine that has not disappointed. Highly recommended!

Great quality - solid/heavy build with excellent materials.
Good design - group gets heated by boiler, 58mm group, PID, large water reservoir
PID ensures consistent temperatures.
Quick to get to operating temperature.
Dual boiler funtionality

Nah, I'd just be nitpicking!

What I wanted was a no-nonense espresso machine that could make great espresso consistently while not costing the Earth; the Silvano fitted the bill perfectly.

The Silvano is a quality piece of machinery. It's big, but not too big, and heavy, since it's laden with stainless steel. The design is very well thought out. The group is right below the boiler, so heats up with the water. For me, it only needs 10 minutes to get to a state where it can make great coffee. The group is also the standard 58mm in size, so you can avail of the seals and the portafilters designed for the omin-present E61 group. The PID ensures that temps are controlled to 1F accuracy, so once you find the magic formula for whatever coffee you're using, you can repeat it time and time again, and none of that temperature surfing nonsense.

A lot has been said of the the steaming capabilities of the Silvano. All I can say that, coming from a much lesser machine, I have zero complaints. I'm sure it's not the most powerful steamer on the market, but it can make two 12oz lattes with great microfoam within 3 minutes. Plus, because the steamer is a separate entity from the boiler, I can be steaming AND pulling shots at the same time. Show me another machine that can do that for under a grand!

Although I'd prefer a plumbed-in machine, the Silvano is very convenient to refill. It's easy to see when water is needed, and it's easy to refill. I refill from a pitcher without ever removing the tank. Also note that because I don't need to flush the group, and because the steamer is very dry, I don't actually use a lot of water. The 2L tank lasts me a week.

Overall I am extremely happy with the Silvano. It's been everything I wanted and more. My wife has even grown to love the shiny piece of machinery in her kitchen that makes great coffee. And ultimately that's what it's all about... great coffee.

I bought this from Chris Coffee who steered me away from a more expensive machine because they advised that the Silvano was more suited to my needs. In retrospect they were 100% correct. I got the definite impression that they are an honest company who put their customers first.

Posted: June 21, 2011, 10:32pm
Green Unroasted Coffee
Free shipping. Save 15% on variety pack, use 'variety' at checkout
www.madbeanscoffee
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.19521689415)