Rancilio Silvia - Jeff Evans's Review
Posted: June 28, 2011, 11:35am
Arrow Morala Trading Inc.

Arrow Rancilio Silvia reviews have been viewed 1,662,302 times (updated hourly).

Where Bought: Chris' Coffee Aesthetics 9
Bottom Line: Looks cool.....makes killer espresso.....built solid!

Built well
Heats up nicely
Nice steam for caps and latte's
Looks good on the countertop

Smallish water tank
Can't see level of water without taking the lid off
Somewhat shallow drip tray

I read a lot of reviews on tons-o-machines and decided on the Silvia. I was not disappointed. I found it fairly easy to figure out the grind -tamp-temp combo that others have soooo talked and complained about. It does take a bit of practice but when you get it right it's a pretty consistent. I did a lot of reseach on the temp surfing dilema vs a PID install. That drove me NUTS! But, I decided I'm probably not that anal to need a PID, but would like being the "tweaker" for temp surfing. There's some good guides on that online and it works perfect for me.
I'm a latte drinker, not shots, so call me a wimp if you want, but I dig this machine far over my old Saeco "Idea" which Silvia replaced. Takes about 15-20 minutes to heat up nicely but not a problem for me. Built like a tank too!
Steam is excellent as far as I'm concerned....just make sure to fill the boiler back up or you could end up frying it.
I've been using 1st line medium roast espresso beans and really like them. Cheaper than most other quality beans and a perfect balance of dark richness, not burnt tasting at all.

I bought my machine from Chris's Coffee online. My sales person was VERY helpful and did not pressure me. I spoke with other online vendors including Whole Latte Love, JLHufford, and Seattle Coffee Gear. My interactions with Chris's Coffee were great,  and their knowledge of all things coffee sold me, plus I got the deal I wanted......Recommended!

Love this machine. I use Silvia every morning for a double iced lattee and occasional caps.

Machine still works great. I have back flushed her regularly. Absolutely satisfied with the purchase of Miss Silvia and the service at Chris' Coffee. May consider putting a PID on her after December (warranty is up then)

Posted: June 28, 2011, 11:35am
Don't suffer bad espresso
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.202833175659)