Rancilio Silvia - Charles Lewis's Review
Posted: November 16, 2012, 7:42pm
Arrow Espresso Zone
Arrow Batch Coffee

Arrow Rancilio Silvia reviews have been viewed 1,638,715 times (updated hourly).

Where Bought: 1st Line Aesthetics 10
Writer's Expertise: Just starting Would Buy Again: No
Similar Items Owned: Nuova Simonelli Musica
Bottom Line: I joined the club.

Owning a Rancilio Silvia is an honor to join the ranks of all those that have used them.

I would say there is nothing negative to say about the machine when you consider the class that it is in. There are better machines for more money but not less. If you like it you will want to move up.

When I first decided to get a home machine to extract espresso and make lattes or other drinks one thing was clear. For about the least amount of money I could own a machine that everyone proved worked. There is maybe no other machine with so much info on the web from people that have used it. If I could not get it right I knew it was me and not the machine's ability
It is slow because it is a single boiler and it needs to switch between brew and steam but if I am making one or two at night or on the weekend not so bad.
I added a PID control and a pressure gauge  because I saw others that had and thought it looked cool.
It get's the job done and is fun. It is well built and should last forever and parts will alway be ava. It is user friendly to work on too. Single boiler is easy to descale. i think some duel boilers it gets tricky.
Final note it is a nice machine to learn the basics on and if you move on it makes a nice standby, travel, office or hand me down machine.

I think I bought it from 1st line I shopped for the Rockey Silvia stand combo and went with who ever i could get to throw in a free tamp and stuffs. I ordered over  the phone.

Posted: November 16, 2012, 7:42pm
Quality Espresso Machines
Imported Italian Espresso Machines, Coffee Machines & accessories for all your coffee needs!
www.thecoffeebrewers.com
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.202399969101)