Rancilio Silvia - Bruce Weir's Review
Posted: January 27, 2006, 9:52pm

Arrow Rancilio Silvia reviews have been viewed 1,662,037 times (updated hourly).

Where Bought: Green Beanery Aesthetics 9
Writer's Expertise: I like coffee Would Buy Again: Yes
Bottom Line: My friends call me shaky now that I'm pulling about 6 shots a day.

Very Consistent
Very well constructed, feels and looks solid - nothing wimpy about this machine
It is prettier in person than in a picture
Quality control is evident by the fact that each unit is tested before it is packed and shipped. Wow a human checked it!

Still not getting a good froth for caps - not an issue for me since I only drink shots, but my wife.....

First shot was actually better than the coffee shop serves down the street, great crema and dynamite taste.

As soon as you take this machine out of the box you are pleased with the obvious quality of construction.  Its heavy and their is a lot of metal in this puppy.  Switches are all high quality - no skimping on the parts.  Great sized water tank, spot for your cups on top.

Quite easy to clean day to day. The tray at the bottom holds at least two cups of water, so you don't have to be afraid to blast a little water through after pulling a shot to clean any residue away.

As far as the frothing goes, I haven't quite been able to get a great froth out of it.  Good but not great.  I am however reserving criticism of the Rancilio on this since I suspect my Barista skills may at some point be measured and found wanting.

Great Great Machine.

Green Beanery really makes it easy.  Great Service and their prices in Canada are very competitive.

Posted: January 27, 2006, 9:52pm
Don't suffer bad espresso
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.191245079041)