Rancilio Silvia - Dan Roth's Review
Posted: November 18, 2008, 1:15am

Arrow Rancilio Silvia reviews have been viewed 1,687,438 times (updated hourly).

Where Bought: ebay Aesthetics 8
Bottom Line: I have taken it to get repaired and will do another review after that.

Very nice looking. Excellent build materials. Heaps and heaps of online material and help.

Water temp  is too low, excessive vibration.

I think I have very bad luck as just out of the box:

1) The plastic water tank was scratched and marked (not really a problem as you can not see it)
2) The machine would overly vibrate, so much so that I would have to reset the cup when I started the pour.
3) I after 3 days of trying I would consistently get a sour shot.

Yes, I read everything about temperature surfing, I tried all the different methods, yes I left it on for about 3 hours before I poured my first shot and yes I tried two different beans including lavazza.

Eventually I got out a thermometer and compared the water temp coming out of the group head (just water, no coffee or portafilter) and it was 10 degrees less than dealer's machine that I bought it from (mine was between 72 and 78 C).

I reckon it is just a dud brew thermostat (they only cost a few cents to make and a few dollars to replace) as for the excessive vibration - I don't know.

I have taken it to get repaired and will do another review after that.

Very good. dealer provided excellent after sales service.

Posted: November 18, 2008, 1:15am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.23664188385)