Rancilio Silvia - Cheri Berry's Review
Posted: June 6, 2008, 11:08am

Arrow Rancilio Silvia reviews have been viewed 1,670,556 times (updated hourly).

Where Bought: Whole Latte Love Aesthetics 6
Writer's Expertise: Pro Barista Would Buy Again: No
Similar Items Owned: Elli, Oscar, Expobar,
Bottom Line: I'll give it another chance...

For $600 it's nice to get a machine that is stainless steel housing.

It died exactly one year later
It could not handle more than one pull
Noisy as all get out
Didn't like the 'chrome' paint on some of the housing

I've owned an Elli, Oscar, etc  and then this Silvia and I miss the Oscar like mad. I read Silvia reviews on this site for a few months so I didn't just jump into the purchase. I looked around for a good price but better yet a great warranty. I saved for almost a year for the machine so it was a big deal for me. I have to budget for something like that.
I baby-ed the Silvia like crazy- I never left it on all day, I polished daily and I never really used it for more than one latte a day for myself. I descaled it regularly and I saved to buy the Rocky grinder to go with it so that the grind was correct.  I really took care of the machine. It died anyway.

This is an update to my review last month regarding Whole Latte Love.

WHOLE LATTE LOVE had some major problems in their tech department but I think those days may be over.
Once the owner and some of the management team became involved with the situation, it was handled in such a spectacular manner that even I could not have projected the outcome. The right thing to do was to return my machine repaired and warranty extended.  But the truly outstanding thing that WLL did was send - no - overnight a new 40 lb machine to me along with a couple of goodies to try. (By the way, look for their certified organic - fair trade syrups when they come in. They are to die for and the farmers get a fair pay for their product).
All my thanks to those involved. It means a tremendous amount to have this resolved with WLL.
The Rancilio is just a start for me as I'm already saving my pennies for an Expobar Athenea and I can't wait to buy it from Whole Latte Love!

Posted: June 6, 2008, 11:08am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.191940069199)