Rancilio Silvia - Christopher Cerrudo's Review
Posted: November 10, 2002, 8:17pm

Arrow Rancilio Silvia reviews have been viewed 1,665,820 times (updated hourly).

Where Bought: eBay Aesthetics 9
Writer's Expertise: Intermediate Would Buy Again: Yes
Bottom Line: Solid piece of machinery that you'll be happy with for years to come!

Followed the reviews on CoffeeGeek, and that helped with the decision. No regrets so far!

Wand is a little short for a 20 oz pitcher with 6 oz of milk. Then again, get a smaller pitcher!

I debated on a Silvia vs a Solis Crema 70 due to cost, but the reviews all stated that the construction and durability of the Silvia would pay for itself in the long run. I can't say that I'm disappointed! I ordered a Rocky also, and the combination of the two is fantastic. Got them dialed in rather quickly (6 on the Rocky) and have been happy with the progress. Ordered a La Marzocco basket and Rosewood Tamper from 1st Line, and had to adjust the Rocky to get everything as before (8 on the Rocky), but am thrilled with the results. I'm sure that I will be using these machines for many years to come.

Very straightforward and trouble-free.

I haven't been disappointed. Both Rocky and Silvia have performed well, with almost no maintenance(no backflushing, etc), just the occassional wipedown of the dispersion screen. On occasion Silvia will pop a little steam when using the hot water switch, especially right after pulling a shot, so I dispense the water into my frothing pitcher.
Looks as good as the day I bought it-and would buy another one at this price point.

Posted: November 10, 2002, 8:17pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.203408002853)