Rancilio Silvia - Dick Williams's Review
Posted: January 14, 2002, 2:12am
Arrow Morala Trading Inc.

Arrow Rancilio Silvia reviews have been viewed 1,691,389 times (updated hourly).

Where Bought: WholeLatteLove Aesthetics 10
Similar Items Owned: Krups
Bottom Line: Do your research, but for value and quality espresso, this should be your machine!

Lot's of research went in to buying this machine, and I am very happy with my decision!  Took some dialing in, in fact I am still working on the grind, bu that's the fun of espresso.

So far I haven't noted any negative product points except perhaps the manual, but WLL ships an excellent ancillary manual they have developed.

As previously mentioned, I did a lot of research before buying this machine.  Afterall, I did not want a $400 anchor.  It *looks* like an espresso machine first of all, not like a piece of Startrek equipment. The stainless steel case is flawless, and this machine has some weight to it.  Following WLL's manual (the Rancillio manual is useless), I was able to produce a decent shot after about a quarter pound of beans.  I blame this on my grinder not being able to grind my beans fine enough - a new Rocky will solve this minor dilemma.  Forget the 25 cent plastic tamper; a Reg Barber is the suggestion here.  This baby can crank out some steam now for those cappis and lattes.  Thick on the froth, and just seconds from heating your milk to 150 which is my preferrence.  Bottom line is, I think this is the best machine going for the price.

none

Posted: January 14, 2002, 2:12am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.204312086105)