Rancilio Silvia - John Santomassino's Review
Posted: March 23, 2004, 2:36pm
Arrow Batch Coffee

Arrow Rancilio Silvia reviews have been viewed 1,661,217 times (updated hourly).

Where Bought: 1st in COFFEE Aesthetics 9
Owned for: 2 weeks Overall 9
Similar Items Owned: Starbucks Barista
Bottom Line: Consonantly hot espresso - consistent... consistent

Heard it before but once I opened the box BOOM thought the same thing -- BUILT LIKE A TANK!   Consonantly hot espresso - consistent... consistent.

Automatic shutoff needed, not a huge deal but for the peace of mind.... Read reviews on startup time but you know what get up in the morning place the machine on, than take a shower. Time you get out you are the machine is already for you.

Honestly I have done more research on "home espresso machines" than I care to share. I did purchase the Strarbucks barista over the holidays, and successfully used for a month but at the end of the day felt I could be making better more consistent espresso. I should have follow-ed my first instincts and purchase much sooner. As soon as UPs came open the box plug it in and BOOM made my first cup of espresso with the free Illy ground included. The machine work perfectly thanks to the excellent instructions Jaimeís from 1st in Coffee provided verbally and in the box.  My suggestion is do not use Illy it might be convenient but certainly is the worst coffee I ever tasted. I ran out to starbucks, yes starbucks to get a 1/2 lb of espresso beans, went home an tried again just loved it. Review say buy a grinder but you know what I am far from an expert but I found this great coffee tea place in Soho (5 minutes from my job) every three days I pick up of espresso, they grind it for me (#4 setting) and I am happy. Over time I will buy a grinder but for now I am very happy! Reviews also said the machine is picky with grind & maybe it is but at this point either I am lucky or the review are talking about finding the right grind with home grinders.  My shots are 20 to 25 secs and taste great.

I promote know one but I must admit 1st in Coffee is hands down the best place to buy this machine and I assume others. I was able to call and talk to the owner, ask questions and yes have at my door the next day with a 30 day money back guarantee. In my situation no tax or delivery! Call James..

Starbucks barista or Rancillio price point is 150 when Barista is on sale.... Not on sale its 50.00 for the money itís a no brainier Rancillio wins hands down.

Excellnet! 1st in Coffee

Posted: March 23, 2004, 2:36pm
Don't suffer bad espresso
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.192857027054)